PDA

View Full Version : AA river fold for one woohoo 10/20

DrGutshot
01-16-2005, 05:21 AM
UTG's first orbit - no reads

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: DrG is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">DrG 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">DrG raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">DrG bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, DrG folds.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

-DDDDrrrGGG

Robk
01-16-2005, 07:06 AM
why raise the flop?

sthief09
01-16-2005, 10:58 AM
you don't have AA on the river. you have the board

MAxx
01-16-2005, 11:02 AM
i call river and play the board, why not?

BK_
01-16-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

why not? (real question)

wheelz
01-16-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i call river and play the board, why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's 4 spades on the board.

balkii
01-16-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see whats wrong with a flop raise here...UTG most likely has a smaller overpair or unimproved highcards. Raising the flop gives you the best chance of getting excessive action from the small overpair, and highcards may not bet the turn for you.

Now if there was a huge field and hero is on the button and he would like to see the turn card first to maximize his EV, sure wait. But in this situation i think a flop raise is mandatory.

I really dont understand the river fold.

MAxx
01-16-2005, 02:22 PM
i see that. i'll send in one BB to rescue 4+. how often do we need villain to have a spade or higher straight to make calling wrong?

don't i only neet to be right around 20% of the time?

-if that is the case or even mildily close, i want villain to show it...and see what homeboy is working with and what kind of tools i need to break out to get medival on his ass

sinfulslick18
01-16-2005, 04:46 PM
call the river.

-sinful

Robk
01-16-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG most likely has a smaller overpair or unimproved highcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course this is true based on the preflop information. but youre not properly utilitzing the information from the flop bet imo. it means hes much more likely to have 1) a semibluff (possibly including a pair) or 2) a bluff. and if he does have only a pair its probably something like A5. thats just based on my experience in the game. what would you do with 99 on this flop for example?

[ QUOTE ]
Raising the flop gives you the best chance of getting excessive action from the small overpair,

[/ QUOTE ]

probably true but i think this is a small portion of his hand range, and raising the flop isnt too much higher in expectation imo. (assuming he has an overpair). another point is that if he had a good overpair he would often make it four bets.

[ QUOTE ]
and highcards may not bet the turn for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

first of all you seem to be implying that if you knew he were bluffing, you would raise the flop. which i disagree with strongly.
secondly they almost always follow through on the bluff here imo. since no one expects you to fold for that first bet on the flop. why would you want to stop him?

Jstyal
01-17-2005, 10:41 AM
I like the raise on the flop, but the bet on the turn is very questionable. I would have checked the turn, then called the river.

Jstyal
01-17-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're joking.

imitation
01-17-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the raise on the flop, but the bet on the turn is very questionable. I would have checked the turn, then called the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you give a sole spade a chance to hit their flush for free....I want any single spade to fold.

DrGutshot
01-17-2005, 01:51 PM
I was quite confident that he had a mid overpair, possibly with a spade. I wasn't worried about being C/R

-DrG