PDA

View Full Version : Which team deserved to lose more, Jets or Steelers?

lastchance
01-16-2005, 05:05 AM
The Jets missed two field goals with a chance of winning the game, from 48 and 43 yards out. They were also insanely passive the second time around, took no shots downfield, and made no real effort to get extra yardage.

On the other hand, the Steelers committed 3 second-half turnovers, two of them stalling key drives, one of which ended up being returned for a TD. The final turnover gave the ball to the Jets with 1:40 to go and great field position. They did manage to win, however.

nothumb
01-16-2005, 05:09 AM
The Jets, because they lost.

NT

Dynasty
01-16-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also say the Jets, though my reason is because they scored fewer points (granted, that's basically the same- just more specific).

[censored]
01-16-2005, 05:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

jasonHoldEm
01-16-2005, 07:07 AM
I'm a Steelers fan, but felt their effort today was absolutely embarassing. I fear I permanently damaged the remote to my tv throwing it across the room after Roethlisberger's INT at the end of the fourth (I really can't be sure as I haven't retrieved it from behind the bookcase).

They were lucky to win and better get their [censored] together fast if they have any hopes of making the super bowl.

J

EDIT: Update: Remote works, wall was slightly injured. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

fnord_too
01-16-2005, 10:53 AM
"Deserves has got nothin to do with it."

Also, I think both teams played pretty well. The Jets seem to have the Steelers number, but are just a little shy on talent.

AngryCola
01-16-2005, 10:55 AM
It's obviously the Jets.
Besides the obvious reason given my nothumb, there is another good reason.

The Jets did nothing on offense. The whole game they did nothing. They only scored 3 points offensively.

Neither of these two teams played their best game, but at least the Steelers could move the ball when they had to in the 4th quarter.

kyro
01-16-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

i was going to say that. i'm amazed there are 9 people who disagree with you. this isn't even a [censored] subjective question!

IggyWH
01-16-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's obviously the Jets.
Besides the obvious reason given my nothumb, there is another good reason.

The Jets did nothing on offense. The whole game they did nothing. They only scored 3 points offensively.

Neither of these two teams played their best game, but at least the Steelers could move the ball when they had to in the 4th quarter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...

Steelers defense held the Jets down the whole game. Jets had a couple drives but were eventually stalled by the defense. The Jets were given 2 TD's... that pick Ben threw was just stupid and that punt return (although Santana is great) was just him running up the field while the outside contain over-ran him and the STeeler in the lane Santana hit tried the OLE tackle him.

Steelers offense, when not turning the ball over, pretty much moved the ball at will in the second half.

Roethlisberger is still hurt but hopefully he'll be somewhat better next week.