PDA

View Full Version : Two Quick Movie Reviews

fsuplayer
01-16-2005, 01:39 AM
I know both have been discussed before, but i said I would comment on ND...so here goes:

Napolean Dynamite:

two friends whose movie comments i respect, told me that it sucked, and that it rocked, on the same day, so I decided to see for myself...

it sucked, except for the last 20mins, bc I didnt watch that, so maybe it redeemed itself then, but i really doubt it.

a couple of funny one liners, but nothing else.

btw was that an llama or an alpaca? i laughed at that.

Garden State:

Awesome, best movie i have seen this year, by far. great writing and both lead characters were quite good.

next two highly talked about films that I have been meaning to see because everyone talks about them but havent seen them yet:

city of god

rushmore

fsuplayer

Gordon Bombay
01-16-2005, 01:40 AM

NLSoldier
01-16-2005, 02:17 AM
Why dont you STFU, even [censored] JackieChan is funnier than you.

istewart
01-16-2005, 02:49 AM
Yes, someone who likes Garden State. It was very good.

fsuplayer
01-16-2005, 03:30 AM
great avatar...just finished the first two seasons' DVD's. great stuff. will buy the third season as soon as it comes out.

TimTimSalabim
01-16-2005, 03:33 AM
Rushmore is way overrated IMO.

Just saw Wages of Fear, awesome older movie.

Thythe
01-16-2005, 03:40 AM
I agree 100% with your reviews. Napoleon Dynamite was truly awful, and I thought Garden State was one of the year's top 5 movies easily.

YourFoxyGrandma
01-16-2005, 04:28 AM
Top 5 mayyybe, but definitely not the best this year by far. Not even close.

fsuplayer
01-16-2005, 04:41 AM
well come on, give us your picks.

YourFoxyGrandma
01-16-2005, 04:47 AM
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
I Heart Huckabees
Sideways
The Incredibles

And the tossup between Garden State and Kill Bill vol. 2

EDIT: Also, I didn't like Garden State so much, so. Keep that in mind. I guess.

pshreck
01-16-2005, 04:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Rushmore is way overrated IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most cult movies are overrated, because the people that do talk about them, are obsessed with them. Cult movies like Office Space are not overrated, but Rushmore has to be the most overrated cult flick I can think of. My friends always obsess over it, but it's really just an average movie.

Then there are movies like Napolean Dynamite that are weak movies, but have a great character so people start obsessing over it. That goes double for Anchorman, which Im convinced would be a hated movie if they had any actor but Ferrell in the main role.

That's my rant. Dynamite will not live up to what you have heard... guaranteed.

YourFoxyGrandma
01-16-2005, 04:53 AM
I agree strongly on absolutely everything. (Although, I think Rushmore is funny as balls.)

dr. klopek
01-16-2005, 05:21 AM
Wrong! ND [censored] rules.

"City of God" is exceptional.

Paluka
01-16-2005, 07:31 AM
What makes Rushmore a cult movie? The fact that some people like it a lot and you don't?

pshreck
01-16-2005, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What makes Rushmore a cult movie? The fact that some people like it a lot and you don't?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you angry that I think it's an average movie? I would say many people would characterize it as a cult movie, being that is has a comparably narrow following of people who think it is amazing.

fsuplayer
01-16-2005, 11:23 AM
i thought garden state > Eternal Sunshine.

but i really need to see sideways and the huckabees.

also american slendor is another i have been meaning to watch.

Thythe
01-16-2005, 01:04 PM
I also think that Garden State was better than Eternal Sunshine. I really disliked I Heart Huckabees, also. Perhaps I just did not understand it fully... Sideways and Finding Neverland are probably the #1 and #2 movies of the year respectively, and Kill Bill vol 2 is quite good (somewhere in the top 10 overall, but I'd put it around #4 or #5).

Whoever said Anchorman would be hated if Ferrell wasn't in it is 100% correct. It is also truly terrible.

Slacker13
01-16-2005, 01:08 PM
The last movie I saw at the theatre was...twister, if you would still like a review let me know. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

istewart
01-17-2005, 03:15 AM
The Big Lebowski is a good cult movie.

By the way, slacker, is that girl from a French music video?

Namely, this one: http://www.transbuddha.com/mediaHolder.php?id=30

Also, FSU, yeah Curb is effing hilarious. I just got the first season on DVD, although I've had the second season for awhile. Both are great -- especially the "beloved c-nt" episode, haha.