PDA

View Full Version : TPTK, bad board, two callers

TheWorstPlayer
01-16-2005, 01:04 AM
No reads on villains. I couldn't see too many hands I was ahead of. What do you think I should do on the turn?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($3.75)
UTG ($16.65)
MP1 ($15.55)
MP2 ($9.35)
CO ($34.45)
Button ($37.95)
Hero ($37.05)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.1</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $0.85, Button calls $0.85.

Flop: ($3.55) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.55</font>, UTG calls $3.55, Button calls $3.55.

Turn: ($14.20) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $10</font>, Hero folds, UTG folds showing A3.

Final Pot: $25.20

fimbulwinter
01-16-2005, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No reads on villains. I couldn't see too many hands I was ahead of. What do you think I should do on the turn?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($3.75)
UTG ($16.65)
MP1 ($15.55)
MP2 ($9.35)
CO ($34.45)
Button ($37.95)
Hero ($37.05)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.1</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $0.85, Button calls $0.85.

Flop: ($3.55) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.55</font>, UTG calls $3.55, Button calls $3.55.

Turn: ($14.20) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $10</font>, Hero folds, UTG folds showing A3.

Final Pot: $25.20

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming that this is the hand you were referring to, so here goes:

Preflop:
I'm usually a real sissy with AK on the SB, especially because BB still has to act and if he gets fiesty, with or without a hand, He'll probably get me to lay down. depending on how tight the table is, I'll call maybe 60-70% of the time here and raise the other times. great for the checkraise/fold to push line with an A or K high board. That you raised is fine, but you should give yourself a good chance of taking it down preflop by putting more pressure on the limpers with a bigger raise. real problem here is limper #1 callin with a PP or whatever and triggering the "cascade of gambooooooool calls" which you really don't want here when out of position.

Flop:

Nice bet. since you raised preflop, going for the C/R here is bad. yet another example of ABC play being best 90% of the time.

Turn:

Bad card for you, but often it's just as scary for the other players. I don't know how 25NL plays at UB, but i can see two hearts and a dominated ace being in play here, both of which you're still beating. you also have the chance to take it down right there and still have enough behind and enough brains to get away when crushed. I'd probably lead for like $9 here (2/3 pot) and hope for folds. notice that, in and of itself, the bet (with any two cards) only has to fold the field 40% of the time to be profitable, assuming you don't spike a non-heart J or get called by two hands you're till ahead of.

you're right that you are beat by almost all the legit aces, but if i were in button's shoes with a flush draw, I'd raise here too for sure. That said, I think your laydown is OK given the fact that you checked and relevant stack sizes.

like I said in my post: you wait for cards in order to have an overlay against inferior opponents. this means that, in general, they will be losing, so bet like they are until they convince you otherwise.

fim

TheWorstPlayer
01-16-2005, 07:14 AM
This is it. Thanks, man. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GimmeDaWatch
01-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Id underbet the turn and fold to a raise. Potting it commits you too strongly and the board isnt too wonderful.