PDA

View Full Version : bubble push

Dominic
01-16-2005, 12:54 AM
SNG or a MTT:

4 people left...you've got a less than average stack but you're not quite into do or die territory yet. Blinds are big and definitely worth picking up.

What do you do with 88, 99, or TT in this situation?

Limpers in front of you: push or reasonable raise?
First to act: push or raise?
Raise in front of you: call or push?

If you push, you give someone with two overs a chance to see all 5 cards. If you make a reasonable raise and get called, you won't know where you are if an over or two flops. This is the quandry I'm in.

Is your decision different depending on whether there are 3, 4 or 5 people left?

Thanks for the input!

The reason I'm asking: I run into this siutation a lot in SNGs and I just busted out 3rd of UB's $50 MTT with 88 against A5...I pushed, he called, the board came rags, and he turned his Ace. I can't help thinking that if I had just raised a reasonable amount we would've seen a flop, THEN I push, etc...

I know, I know, I'm being results oriented.

skoal2k4
01-16-2005, 01:37 AM
depends on who i'm up against (TAG or LAG?), their chip count, blind sizes, etc. Can't really say for sure "ya, I always push those" because situations are different. If i'm up against someone who's equal to me in chip stack and he's been in on a million pots with marginal hands, I don't give him as much respect for his raise. So I might re-raise my PP.. if the re-raise would take half my stack, I'll just push. Your 88 against A5... I'll take that every time.

Robbie