PDA

View Full Version : TPTK vs. check raiser. How often are you ahead?

bigredlemon
01-16-2005, 12:24 AM
Everyone limps in PF. You flop TPTK. There are obvious draws. First to act checks. You bet the pot. It is folded to the first to act, who now raises you about the minimum.

In your experience, how often are you ahead? barring reads, would you call, fold, or re-raise?

Jman28
01-16-2005, 02:10 AM
I think this kinda thing depends on the draws.

With J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, you are more likely to be against a draw than with 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

tubbyspencer
01-16-2005, 02:32 AM
I play low limit SnG's. As such, I think you're fine with reraising All In here.

At higher limits, I dunno... but early rounds(and the buy-ins I play), I dont think you can afford to lay it down.

Also, previous poster is right about texture of the flop, but in some ways, that goes beyond your question.

After all, "it depends", is the poker answer to everything.

AA suited
01-16-2005, 04:25 PM
30+3:

w/tptk on a drawing board, i usually bet 3/4 pot. if raised or check raised, i fold.

early in the tourny, it's not worth risking your whole stack to fight for 200 chips. he may have 2 pair, or a set.