PDA

View Full Version : Flop a set on a coordinated board....whats my plan?

mtdoak
01-15-2005, 11:04 PM
No real reads, alot of calling stations though.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, SB calls.

My hand is very strong, but is uberly sensitive to redraws. Any 8, Q or diamond could ruin my hand. Is my best move simply calling and go nuts if a safe card comes on th turn

Turn: (7 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

ARRRGGHHH. Ok, i still got outs. Lots of outs.

River: (11 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

I can't even beat a bluff now. Sigh.
Final Pot: 14 BB

PhatTBoll
01-15-2005, 11:54 PM
You need to raise this preflop, especially with your read on the table. Your failure to do so may have cost you this pot.

Harv72b
01-16-2005, 01:26 AM
It seems to me that this hand is one of those cases where it would be better to call the flop bet &amp; then raise on a blank turn. I don't know if that'll help against a bunch of calling stations, but it looks right to me.

Other than that, I think you played it as well as you could have. I don't like a PFR from UTG here against the table you described--you're very unlikely to steal a pot and you're not going to force any overcards out, so you're really just playing for the set anyway.

adamstewart
01-16-2005, 02:00 AM
Keep in mind, the river Ace did nothing to improve someone who already had a King.

Adam

Redeye
01-16-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that this hand is one of those cases where it would be better to call the flop bet &amp; then raise on a blank turn. I don't know if that'll help against a bunch of calling stations, but it looks right to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising the flop seems like an easy value play to me. If people fold after you, you may protect your hand a little. If people cold call you easily have enough equity for it to be profitable. You'll hit a full jouse about 35% by the river making this a pretty easy raise for value.

adamstewart
01-16-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to raise this preflop, especially with your read on the table. Your failure to do so may have cost you this pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you raise pocket 8's from UTG too?

Adam

chesspain
01-16-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really silly comment. There wasn't even a pot yet when Hero acted preflop.