PDA

View Full Version : Gank and Dutch Boyd

DesertCat
01-15-2005, 09:32 PM
This was posted on RGP today. I thought it was interesting (if true).

"Dutch Boyd, when I first really met him in 2003, came across as a smart,
young, driven kid, who had fell in love with the game of poker. After we
moved in together, we began working on a project called RakeFree. It was
going to be a cardroom online that charged a monthly fee as opposed to
raking each and every virtual pot. Dutch and I planned on going on tour
and promoting RakeFree. RakeFree was the reason I was willing to be the
best player on a crew with 2 poker rookies (rob boyd and David Smythe) a
poker dealer ( Joe Bartholdi) and Dutch. We started to work on ideas and
concepts for RakeFree, with me sharing intellectual opinion and property.
When it was time to move forward with the project, Dutch began flying
around, meeting with business people to develop the idea. He would come
back and say that he ran into dead ends, but as it turned out, he was
developing the same idea, just under a different name, www.ZeroRake.com (http://www.ZeroRake.com)
. I have found out, that Dutch owns/owned 20-30% of ZeroRake. When I
found that out, I had never felt so sick in my life. I had been deceived
for so long. I have since not talked to Dutch, but I wanted people to
know that I do not support the kid in anything he does and do not want
other people to get hurt or mistreated like I did.

Brett "gank" Jungblut"

whiskeytown
01-15-2005, 09:37 PM
zerorake sent an email to it's customers announcing it's discontinuation on 12/23 - so that sucker's gone too...

Dutch is not having any better luck with running online poker rooms....

RB

jokerthief
01-15-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
zerorake sent an email to it's customers announcing it's discontinuation on 12/23 - so that sucker's gone too...

Dutch is not having any better luck with running online poker rooms....

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhh, I love the smell of Karma in the morning.

Stew
01-16-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This was posted on RGP today. I thought it was interesting (if true).

"Dutch Boyd, when I first really met him in 2003, came across as a smart,
young, driven kid, who had fell in love with the game of poker. After we
moved in together, we began working on a project called RakeFree. It was
going to be a cardroom online that charged a monthly fee as opposed to
raking each and every virtual pot. Dutch and I planned on going on tour
and promoting RakeFree. RakeFree was the reason I was willing to be the
best player on a crew with 2 poker rookies (rob boyd and David Smythe) a
poker dealer ( Joe Bartholdi) and Dutch. We started to work on ideas and
concepts for RakeFree, with me sharing intellectual opinion and property.
When it was time to move forward with the project, Dutch began flying
around, meeting with business people to develop the idea. He would come
back and say that he ran into dead ends, but as it turned out, he was
developing the same idea, just under a different name, www.ZeroRake.com (http://www.ZeroRake.com)
. I have found out, that Dutch owns/owned 20-30% of ZeroRake. When I
found that out, I had never felt so sick in my life. I had been deceived
for so long. I have since not talked to Dutch, but I wanted people to
know that I do not support the kid in anything he does and do not want
other people to get hurt or mistreated like I did.

Brett "gank" Jungblut"

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to say it...but I told you so and if you don't believe me, search the the archives.

Rushmore
01-16-2005, 12:05 PM
Maybe this was all just part of their Masterplan to "take over the poker world."

Think about it.

TStokes
01-16-2005, 08:07 PM
What is RGP?

TimTimSalabim
01-16-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is RGP?

[/ QUOTE ]

rec.gambling.poker, it's a Usenet newsgroup.

Army Eye
01-17-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A former crewmember, Brett Jungblut (aka gank), posted recently on rec.gambling.poker that I was involved with a site called ZeroRake.com. A lot of people have been asking about it, so I thought I'd address it.

The statement is simply untrue. ZeroRake.com was run by an outfit in Vancouver called Las Vegas From Home. They are the same people behind Action Poker. I'm somewhat familiar with them because I met the president, Jake, a few years ago at a gaming industry conference in Toronto. They tried to launch a cardroom without a rake a few months ago, and it failed miserably. I downloaded the software once or twice, but never played there because there were never any games going. Beyond that I didn't have any further involvement in the site.

I don't know where Brett got his information from, but the way he talks it makes me think he's wearing an aluminum-foil hat right now. You're out of the crew, bro... it's natural to be chewing on some sour grapes. But get over it, man, and focus on your own bad self instead of spending time on my [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Stew
01-17-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A former crewmember, Brett Jungblut (aka gank), posted recently on rec.gambling.poker that I was involved with a site called ZeroRake.com. A lot of people have been asking about it, so I thought I'd address it.

The statement is simply untrue. ZeroRake.com was run by an outfit in Vancouver called Las Vegas From Home. They are the same people behind Action Poker. I'm somewhat familiar with them because I met the president, Jake, a few years ago at a gaming industry conference in Toronto. They tried to launch a cardroom without a rake a few months ago, and it failed miserably. I downloaded the software once or twice, but never played there because there were never any games going. Beyond that I didn't have any further involvement in the site.

I don't know where Brett got his information from, but the way he talks it makes me think he's wearing an aluminum-foil hat right now. You're out of the crew, bro... it's natural to be chewing on some sour grapes. But get over it, man, and focus on your own bad self instead of spending time on my [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And let's not forget that Action Poker also was involved in Pokerspot.

lucas9000
01-18-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is RGP?

[/ QUOTE ]

generally a waste of time.

PokerPaul
01-18-2005, 05:10 PM
No i dont think actionpoker had anything to do with Pokerspot..however, i can tell you that the outfit behind actionpoker and lasVegas from Home..Jake...is nothing where anyone would want to put their $$$.

They were also involved with Gutspoker i believe, another miserable failure.

Nothing wrong with trying to launch a legit business and having it not come through..but these guys are out to screw and swindle every dollar they can out of their clients/partners/vendors...and ive seen first hand.

He used to be (or still is) a risky equity stock pusher for mining exploration firms on vancouver stock exchange, where they would pump up a stock price artificially to their clinets, then dump their shares at higher price and leave customers holding when the prices drop.

Similarly they swindled amny people into basically performing beta testing for action poker, and then failed to deliver what they should have gotten.

I was almost going to purchase the whole ActionPoker outfit until we did some due diligence with some clients, and vendors. At the time it was the 2nd or 3rd busiest site on the net.

What he was asking for was outright laughable, but we knew poker, especially online poker was about to take off, and we still thought it could be viable given it was an established site with regular clientele. But those discussions and his pressuring us artificially made us walk away.

its truly a shame how some people try to screw people around to score some additional $$$.

Stew
01-18-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No i dont think actionpoker had anything to do with Pokerspot..however, i can tell you that the outfit behind actionpoker and lasVegas from Home..Jake...is nothing where anyone would want to put their $$$.

They were also involved with Gutspoker i believe, another miserable failure.

Nothing wrong with trying to launch a legit business and having it not come through..but these guys are out to screw and swindle every dollar they can out of their clients/partners/vendors...and ive seen first hand.

He used to be (or still is) a risky equity stock pusher for mining exploration firms on vancouver stock exchange, where they would pump up a stock price artificially to their clinets, then dump their shares at higher price and leave customers holding when the prices drop.

Similarly they swindled amny people into basically performing beta testing for action poker, and then failed to deliver what they should have gotten.

I was almost going to purchase the whole ActionPoker outfit until we did some due diligence with some clients, and vendors. At the time it was the 2nd or 3rd busiest site on the net.

What he was asking for was outright laughable, but we knew poker, especially online poker was about to take off, and we still thought it could be viable given it was an established site with regular clientele. But those discussions and his pressuring us artificially made us walk away.

its truly a shame how some people try to screw people around to score some additional $$$.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether ActionPoker had any money invested in PokerSpot or not is unknown. However, Pokerspot was run by ActionPoker servers...so, you decide is it just coincidence that Pokerspot, Rakefree and Zerorake all reside on Action Poker servers or not.

PokerPaul
01-18-2005, 07:03 PM
well if they are, all i can say is the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

who knows...maybe pokercosmo is them too