PDA

View Full Version : Back to SnGville: A flop fold

NotMitch
01-15-2005, 08:37 PM
6 handed Stars SnG, 2nd had everyone at T1500 blinds 10/20.

UTG limps, UTG+1 makes it 80, CO folds, I call on the button with A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif, blinds fold UTG calls.

Flop (T290) is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG bets T 200, UTG+1 calls, I fold. Standard?

pshreck
01-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Not standard at all. I push, which would be standard for me.

lorinda
01-15-2005, 08:48 PM
I might do anything here depending on my mood, but I think my most common play would be to call and push on a 'safe' turn.

Lori

NotMitch
01-15-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I might do anything here depending on my mood, but I think my most common play would be to call and push on a 'safe' turn.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line because my call on the flop closes the action. But assume the turn blanks, and its a bet and a call of say 350 to you on the turn, how much do you like your hand now?

partygirluk
01-15-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you care to explain why you push on a safe turn rather than on the flop? You have enough behind to make them fold a lone spade or make a bad call.

lorinda
01-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Would you care to explain why you push on a safe turn rather than on the flop? You have enough behind to make them fold a lone spade or make a bad call.

As a total generalisation, 6-max players are more likely to be gamblers, I don't know if it's possible to make the As fold with any stack in some of those games.
I feel that I can put 200 in here and still win this thing with my remaining chips, and I also believe (clearly it's limit dependent) that if they are the sort to call a push on the flop, they'll often call it on the turn anyway.

It is not a play I'll make often in the ring, but in a SNG where I'm hoping to be the best player, I don't want to give someone a 2-1 chance to beat me when I can give them a 4-1 chance.

Also, I wouldn't make this play on Party with the shorter stacks, it would then be a simple push/fold question.
Thinking ahead however with a remaining stack of 1300 vs 1500s and a 2000, I'd still fancy my chances, even if I sometimes lose a small pot I should have won because of it.

It's hard to get a 50% (I don't know what a sensible figure is for 6-max) ITM if you gamble on 65% (or whatever it is :P) shots too often.

Edit: Remember we are not always in front here, which eats further into our odds of winning this pot.

Lori

lorinda
01-15-2005, 09:34 PM
I like this line because my call on the flop closes the action. But assume the turn blanks, and its a bet and a call of say 350 to you on the turn, how much do you like your hand now?

I can push now.

Hands like K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q are going to be shown here a lot of the time, and although I'll be behind quite often here, I'll take my shot at this and not be utterly surprised if I'm beaten.

Lori