PDA

View Full Version : Overpair in trouble?

Joshua
01-15-2005, 08:17 PM
MP1 limps with 30% of his hands preflop and is a little passive postflop.

Do I give enough credit to his flop call-reraise so I can get away from the hand on the turn or is the pot to large?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 3-bets, MP2 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero ???

Joshua
01-15-2005, 08:54 PM
On the turn I said to myself:

- What can I beat that a non-LAG calls-reraises this flop with?

Then I said:

- I can't go home telling mama I folded an overpair in a pot this size.

So I called down and lost to 76s. I'm still thankful for the way he played the hand because if it wasn't for this call-reraise I would have raised the turn.