PDA

View Full Version : 1 vs 2 table SNGs

Rhone
01-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Hi there,

I cut my teeth on ring games, and am just starting, over the last few months or so, to get into SNGs. I've played about 75 of the $10+1 games on Party, and last night played my first $10+1 2-table SNG. I'm just curious whether people here think these are worth playing. First, the game (I actually placed first, to my surprise), lasted quite a bit longer than twice the average one table game (everyone REALLY tightened up on the bubble, much more so than I'm used to in Party's 1-table tournys...I think it was five players for close to half an hour); and because only 4 people place in the money, your chances of winning are significantly reduced from the 1 tables. I wonder if the increased prize amounts make up for these things?

anyhow, sorry for the newbie-ish post, and thanks for any responses.

Rhone.

ReDeYES88
01-15-2005, 10:41 PM
the 2 & 3 table SNGs are great practice for the bubble play, but as for the earn, I'd much rather multi single tables. . .the 2 & 3s just take too long for the payoff it seems.. .

vindikation
01-15-2005, 10:56 PM
I played a few 2-tables but then realized it wasn't for me. In a 1-table you need to be in the top 30% to be ITM, in a 2-table you need to be in the top 20%. Not as good an investment IMO. If I want to play a game with a ITM payout from the top 10-20%, I will usually just play a large 300-700 MTT.