PDA

View Full Version : JJ hand

octop
01-15-2005, 06:49 PM
IM playing on crypto .5/1 NL with about 150 in chips, the villian has about 100
Im on the button with 6 limpers and make it 6 to go, only the villian calls

Flop QQ2 rainbow and its checked to me, I bet the pot and he doubles my bet, I call.

Turn 7

He bets 52 leaving him with less than 20 dollars...

I will post the results later, but this was my first orbit with this player. How would you play the flop and turn?

istewart
01-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Fold after you get minraised on the flop, IMHO.

Whatchugondo
01-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Your pot sized bet on the flop is fine however I would probably fold to the reraise. And once he fires that bet on the turn this is an easy lay down in my opinion.

Sephus
01-15-2005, 06:59 PM
fold to the minraise, you're in a bad spot.

octop
01-15-2005, 08:19 PM
I folded the turn villian showed a bluff of 7 5 or 7 3 offsuit

I know have data on him and in his 300 plus hands his VPIP is almost 70

soah
01-15-2005, 09:44 PM
When you bet that flop basically the only result you're happy with is if your opponent folds. So unless your opponent is relatively weak-tight and will fold every time without top pair or a good draw, I wouldn't always bet the flop. Tricky/thinking players will blow you off your hand too often on that type of flop, and if I'm going to be calling down their bluffs I'd rather do it in a small pot than a big one.

One line I like to use is to check the flop, raise the turn, and then check behind on the river. (This looks like a huge slowplay, so if you get reraised on the turn or face a big river bet you're almost certainly beaten and can then fold safely.) Against the biggest bluffers/maniacs I may just call the turn and then call again on the river. Just don't get carried away though... this is only good against players aggressive enough to auto-bet the turn following your flop check.

Sephus
01-15-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One line I like to use is to check the flop, raise the turn, and then check behind on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like it too.

octop
01-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Ok lets say the turn is a king or ace- this guy called a raise ( I don't know he has rags) then how would you play the turn?

soah
01-15-2005, 10:52 PM
It's hard to answer that without a read on my opponent. I may still do the same thing.