PDA

View Full Version : KQs and some nut-flopping. I didnt like it.

cnfuzzd
01-15-2005, 05:56 PM
I wasnt really comfortable during any of this, which is insane since i flop the nuts. Meh. Call me a weak-tight pussy. Or, conversely, praise me for getting so many overcalls.

table seems somewhat decent. No one over a 39%vpip, standard aggression, etc etc etc.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (9.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 11.50 BB, between UTG and Hero.</font>

peace

john nickle

sinfulslick18
01-15-2005, 06:03 PM
raise the flop..unless if u were planning on raising the turn..nice hand

-sinful

cnfuzzd
01-15-2005, 06:13 PM
i was planning on raising the turn, but then some some ridiculous monsters, and decided i just wanted to get to showdown, especially since i had someone calling behind me. So, should i have raised the turn anyway?

peace

john nickle

Your Mom
01-15-2005, 06:58 PM
Not raising the turn is awful. I played against you earlier. Didn't recognize your name until I saw it on here.

DrGutshot
01-15-2005, 07:09 PM
Not raising the turn is FINE in my book. With 2 ppl to act behind you, overcalling is definitely the thing to do.

If the turn had brought a 2nd club on board, I would have raised.

However, IMO, not raising the river is the crime - sb may fold whatever gutshot he had, and you can be sure that UTG will call. Also, you can't put UTG on a boat because he limped prelfop, woulda raised with AJ/AQ

-DrG

Alobar
01-15-2005, 07:17 PM
I rase the flop here, why give anyone with a gutshot a cheap card to counterfiet you with? there are only 2 people to act behind you anyway, so its not like you are shutting out a table full of allers. one of them may very well call anyway

the way you played it, I am definately raising this river

cnfuzzd
01-15-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I played against you earlier. Didn't recognize your name until I saw it on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont hold it against me. Im a reasonably logical player. These 6max games, though, they make me craaaaaaaazzzzyyy!!!!

peace

john nickle

RunDownHouse
01-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Like the others, I think a river raise is a must. UTG will almost certainly pay off a raise, while the player acting behind you will fold a ton of hands. If you raise, you can be pretty sure you'll get your two bets, while just calling will only get you one a lot of the time. There's really no downside to raising the river.