PDA

View Full Version : Pokertracker Numbers

BlindingLaser
01-15-2005, 04:55 PM
I'm prefacing this post noting that it could go in the Books/Software forum, posted here mainly because I'm more interested in the opinions here.

What are the "ideal" Pokertracker numbers for Party Poker 2/4, 3/6, and 5/10? Specifically, I'm looking for numbers for:
VPIP
VPIP from SB
Pre-Flop Raise
Total-Aggression (post-flop)
Went to Showdown %
Won $ at Showdown %
Att. to Steal Blinds %

Finally, what's a good sample size? My understanding is that 25,000 hands is a "concrete" sample, but that at about 10,000 hands or so you can get a "good idea" if you're beating a game.

BlindingLaser
01-15-2005, 05:07 PM
My fundamental driving question here is, for a hand like 87/images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG, is this +EV at 2/4 but -EV at both of the other two? How about 98/images/graemlins/spade.gif? T9/images/graemlins/spade.gif?

Kenrick
01-16-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My fundamental driving question here is, for a hand like 87/images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG, is this +EV at 2/4 but -EV at both of the other two? How about 98/images/graemlins/spade.gif? T9/images/graemlins/spade.gif?

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's your fundamental driving question, I'd have to give you a big, fat no on both. If 87s is +EV at 2/4, then the players must be truly horrible. They may be bad, but I don't know about horrible. And I doubt you'll ever get away with 87s UTG at 3/6 or 5/10. You'll get raised at least once.

DeeJ
01-16-2005, 09:33 AM
Unless your game is full of unusual passive calling stations who never raise or reraise, none of the hands would be +EV UTG.

Although I do find spades play better than hearts.

Vern
01-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Hand sample size depends on the stat you want confidence in.

VP$IP, PFR & AGG-TOT converge quickly and you don't need more than a couple hundred hands to have confidence in these.

Thinks like True Win Rate and such take more than 100K hands to have any confidence in. Visit the probability forum for more analysis on sample size or search for Homer's great post on the topic.

Vern

sthief09
01-16-2005, 11:30 AM
you probably need around 30,000 hands with a solid winrate to be pretty confident you're a winning player. it's hard to say ideal numbers, but I can give you my opinion of what a good range is.

VPIP: 15-18, higher for 2/4 than 5/10 obviously
PFR: 8-11
Total aggression: I guess 2-2.7
Attempted to steal blinds: ~30

the showdown stats depend on your style. some people have higher won at showdown but low won when saw flop

hypermegachi
01-16-2005, 12:36 PM
lol!!! you post here and get some constructive answers...i posted the same question on HUSH and got flamed to death by half of the responders, and curious people the other half.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1431716&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1

RiverTheNuts
01-16-2005, 02:29 PM
Alrght... Im a break even player who can make some $$ on the weekends..

Here are my stats after ~7000 hands... obviously I learned some things, but I have some questions as well. My game is 25 NL so Ill limp with speculative hands purely for implied odds sometimes, so my VP$IP is kinda high.

VPIP: 27
VPIP from SB: 67
Attempt to steal: 23
W$ WSF%: 29
BB/100: 2.71
PFR: 6.7

After 7000 hands Im losing the most money with KTs, QJs, ATo, AQo, 66, 77, JTs, KJo, QJo, JTo, AJo

This is probably due mostly to poor discipline on my part that if I even decide to play these hands I will play them over aggressively

Basically, what is the main thing I need to improve upon to kill the NL 25 games??? Right now with default settings I am listed as a Semi-loose-agressive/passive... wtf does that mean anyway?

EDIT: When I filter just to NL 25 games I am making 7.45/100 hands, and my VPIP is around 25, I dabble in other limits and I usually lose money at them