PDA

View Full Version : KJo against 2+2 and LAG

wuarhg
01-15-2005, 11:56 AM
This is another hand that isn't going to be liked /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Pre-flop: Yes, I should've raised preflop but lets not get hung up about that. What can I see the 2+2er bet the flop with here? At the moment I was going through something like a flushdraw, weak king, pocketpair being pretty unlikely. Since he knows he's got a LAG to his left I doubt he would bet a flushdraw here and possibly let the LAG make sure we all face 2 bets cold.

My conclusion was a weak king, the LAG did exactly what he expected and raised this flop. I felt calling was best or do I want him out with his weak king? When SB called two cold on the flop it made me think a bit, a flushdraw was very likely for him to have as well as a set or some other strong hand but I really doubt he would slowplay it on this board (he was sLA-A).

I decided I could take advantage of the LAG on the turn if he bet so I could raise. Ofcourse there's always a chance that I had the worse hand and he had a better King but I doubt it since he would certainly have raised AK,KQ,KJ,KT preflop. He could have K5 sure, but he could also have alot of other hands, pocket pairs, a ten, even a five?

River is standard after the way I played it, yes?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 <font color="#A500AF">(LA-A)</font> calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB <font color="#A500AF">(2+2)</font> checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">2+2 bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">LA-A raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, 2+2 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, 2+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">LA-A bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, 2+2 folds, LA-A calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">LA-A bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

The beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

adamstewart
01-15-2005, 12:08 PM
I think I'd re-raise the flop - Trying to push the others out and get HU with the LAG (with position!)

Adam

GrekeHaus
01-15-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd re-raise the flop - Trying to push the others out and get HU with the LAG (with position!)

[/ QUOTE ]
Definite re-raise on flop here. No preflop raise means that nobody likely has AK, KQ, or TT. Raising here will help you figure out who really has the best hand.

Bob T.
01-15-2005, 09:14 PM
I like how you played this one. Your call on the flop, lets you know where you are relative to the 2+2er.

The downside, is, that you let the SB in to draw to his probably gutshot straight, but your bet on the turn chased everyone out, except for the LAG, and gave you the best chance to win.

On the river, it seems like the LA made a desperation bet, but if that is true, he probably won't call another raise, but he might have made a full house, or even trips, and then a raise will cost you money. I think calling the river is reasonable.