PDA

View Full Version : BB goes all in against 5 limpers and your limped 66?

realbad101
01-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Final table of a 23 person home tournament. You are around the average in stack size. You have 12 Big Blinds left and are in early middle position with 66. UTG limps. You limp. 3 other limpers. The Big Blind (who is somewhat loose and somewhat aggressive) goes all in. UTG folds. You are pretty sure that the rest of the table will fold after you. The Big Blind has essentially the same amount of chips as you do, about 14 Blinds.

Your decision? Do you call or fold?

Lurshy
01-15-2005, 12:24 PM
It is close because of all of the dead money in the pot, but I think fold.

It is a case if you would call an all-in, you should've just pushed in the first place, you may have had the folding equity to drive out 77, 88, 99 where he pushes those hands now.

Even though he is a LAG, I would want a stronger hand to trap him with a limp reraise (call), though with the dead money (of the limpers that fold) it certainly is close.

You could be folding the best hand here, but I think I would wait for a better spot to call off my money, or just push in first.

With the lag acting behind you (at least preflop) you need to be wary about limping in; lest you have to make this decision. With a open raise pretty much pot commiting you, this is probably an all-in or fold when you first act preflop.

Sam T.
01-15-2005, 01:16 PM
I actually ran into this situation last night in the $3 re-buy, and I folded because I didn't want the coin-flip at this point. I think at 99 it gets close to a call. Anything above that, I'm raising pre-flop...

realbad101
01-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Outcome - sLAG turns over 99, it holds up, tournament done. Discussion of the hand afterward basically came down to two sides. The LAG's loved the call, the Rocks hated it. I think it was marginal. He could have turned up AK. But either way, I'm putting my tournament at risk with at best a slight edge. Try to hold on for a greater edge later on, steal some blinds, initiate the action. Hindsight, now 20/20...