PDA

View Full Version : KQo against a Passivo

wuarhg
01-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Villano is 43/8, PF-AGG 0.8

Pre-flop and flop are pretty standard. I felt this opponent, especially these passive ones would've pulled a stop n go on the turn here if he had an Ace, and if he really had one he would definately bet his trips on the river because these guys are always so afraid to miss a bet.

What you think?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP3 calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (6.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 8.70 BB

bernie
01-15-2005, 10:18 AM
If he's a passive player, he's likely not betting a draw or a Q on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
and if he really had one he would definately bet his trips on the river because these guys are always so afraid to miss a bet

[/ QUOTE ]

You're also the preflop and flop raiser, These guys also are afraid of bigger kickers. Even if they have AJ.

b

wowacedude
01-15-2005, 10:22 AM
Will this player bet a Q or flushdraw you think?
I dont know the guy in this case but i dont think i would risk him having the ace in this small pot, tho i would pick this line against a totally unknown.

GrekeHaus
01-15-2005, 10:27 AM
With 0.8 post-flop aggression, I'd doubt he's betting anything but an ace here. He's probably afraid of your kicker. I'd either release it on the flop, or play it like you did except that I'd check through the river.

wuarhg
01-15-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With 0.8 post-flop aggression, I'd doubt he's betting anything but an ace here. He's probably afraid of your kicker. I'd either release it on the flop, or play it like you did except that I'd check through the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even someone who has 0.8 PF-AGG and a high VP$IP can be pretty aggro. You must consider how much he is calling versus betting/raising. Just something I have observed.