PDA

View Full Version : Flopped the Full House: Too Passive?

Bacchus
01-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $0.5. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (14.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB

Am I acting too passively here? Should I have raised the turn since it wasn't a picture card? Just sat down at the table, so not a lot of info on the other players. I put the BB on a big pair.

jordanx
01-15-2005, 09:00 AM
Yes, givin, the fact that the flop was capped (not by you even) you should continue the action on the turn.

When you call on the turn and then come alive on the river, you give them a chance to think you caught up, when you actually had it all the way.

I don't think anyone is folding this turn to your raise and the chance of a three bet is more likely.

wowacedude
01-15-2005, 10:16 AM
Raise turn.
btw, this goes into micro limits, right?

GrekeHaus
01-15-2005, 10:20 AM
You definitely need to raise on the turn here. It's unlikely that anybody has J3 or J6 here, and anybody with a jack will call your raise. JJ and 66 are possible, but unlikely due to the fact that there are two jacks out there and there's a good chance that 66 would have folded by now (but not impossible at these low stakes games). Based on the flop action, I'd guess that at least one of them has a jack. You've got to be at least 85% to win this thing here, so get as many bets in as possible.