PDA

View Full Version : Help me i must be too passive.

stonecold
01-15-2005, 02:26 AM
CO is loose and cant say if he is either pass or agg

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (8 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ac 7s (two pair, aces and sevens).
CO has 2h Ah (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 14 BB. </font>

The raiser is a total maniac capping every street if he as top pair i think he is tilting. BB is semi tight and not showing any agg on the 20-30 hands he have played at my table.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Ah 2d (two pair, aces and nines).
Hero has 8s 9d (three of a kind, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 15 BB. </font>

Do i play to passive ?
Was the pf call wrong in hand 2 ?
Where can i find the best info about aggresive play ?
i Have about 20 books dont have the time to tell u exactly what they are but tell me a section in a book that i should reread or read.... havent read them all yet...

Jonny
01-15-2005, 02:38 AM
hand 1: I 3-bet the turn. If capped, I check/call the river. If not capped, then I lead the river planning to call a raise.

hand 2: Fold PF, calling here is horrid. Now that you have hit a flop, I lead it, and get raised by a likely A. Then I go for a c/r on the turn and lead the river.

stonecold
01-15-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

hand 2: Fold PF, calling here is horrid.. Now that you have hit a flop, I lead it, and get raised by a likely A. Then I go for a c/r on the turn and lead the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i know but he had been raising every hand and was giving away free money to anyone that hit a hand. But this time he folded early dont know why maybe he didnt have one single draw. I dont want to defend my 89 call but i want to say that i make call like this very very very rarely..

alekhine8
01-15-2005, 02:51 AM
(Not looking at results..)

Hand 1 - Looks fine. The CO play could indicate a set, a big ace/AQ. Once its heads-up after you lead out on the turn, there is no problem with check/calling the CO down.

Hand 2 - I know you said hes a maniac, but this isn't a good play. Defending your big blind with 98o is fine, but not the small blind. Postflop I think is fine. He doesn't seem to fear much of anything having check-raised the flop and 3-betting you on the turn.

EDIT: Looked at results. I still think calling down as you did is the right play. There is no shame in being 'passive' (if you want to call it that) calling down uber-LAGs that populate the 10/20 games. Especially when you are out of position as you were on both these hands.

Scotch78
01-15-2005, 04:11 AM
duade, that's like to mayny hands in one post

sinfulslick18
01-15-2005, 12:10 PM
first hand... i would cap the flop, reraise the turn and bet the river.

second hand....cap the turn and raise the river...no specific parts of books that i know of right now