PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing? Calling 3 cold with AKo

Catt
01-15-2005, 02:05 AM
No meaningful reads, sorry . . .

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls.

River: (8.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

All comments welcome.

Shillx
01-15-2005, 02:17 AM
Raise the flop. Fold the turn if you get 3-bet and don't improve. Bet the turn otherwise and take a free showdown is my line.

Brad

SlantNGo
01-15-2005, 03:22 AM
If I were against a PF raiser I agree. This is a PF 3-bettor, so it's highly dependent on his 3-betting standards. For the "typical" 1/2 Party full ring player, I think you're up against AK. Even 11:1 IMO is not enough to call here. Fold the flop.

Buck_65
01-15-2005, 03:38 AM
Fold preflop, AKo isn't good enough here.

SoCalPat
01-15-2005, 03:54 AM
There are so many hands that will be 3-bet here that aren't AA or KK, I think it's crazy not to see a flop here. That you're holding one of each makes it all the less likely you're not up against aces or kings.

Womble
01-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Doesnt an A or K flop about 30% of the time? I admit that its risky but the PF call isnt bad.

You have to raise or fold the flop to see where you are.

Nick Royale
01-15-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop. Fold the turn if you get 3-bet and don't improve. Bet the turn otherwise and take a free showdown is my line.

[/ QUOTE ]
I usually cap this preflop (I might fold given certain reads on the UTG+1). But that line might put me in an akward situation where I might get check/raised on the flop by an aggressive AK or AQ. And to go from there is not easy.

Preflop it feels like a cap or fold situation, but I'm really not sure...

Catt
01-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I was playing distracted last night and just really hated how I played several hands - sometimes too passive, sometimes too aggressive but mostly without a lot of thought.

I think I pussed out on this after deciding to cold-call pf. I think I should have capped and then raised the flop, folding UI if 3-bet, as shillx suggested. Slightly less attractive but possible is a fold pf. Looking at it this morning, I just am not happy with the cold-call and the position it put me in. (Reminds me of the feeling on the tee when you're between clubs and not confident in club selection, for the golfers out there)

In any event, I butchered this one.