PDA

View Full Version : Party 2/4, AQs with resistance on the flop against two opponents

PantherZ
01-15-2005, 01:45 AM
This one gave me some trouble. SB is somewhat loose/passive after 49 hands (43/2/1), and the button is very passive (32/3/0) after 28 hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: PantherZ is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">PantherZ raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 folds.

Flop: (9 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">PantherZ raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, PantherZ calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, PantherZ ???

I called the flop re-raise with second pair and the backdoor flush draw. Now, it's decision time on the turn. Do I continue with the hand or fold?

mtdoak
01-15-2005, 01:48 AM
Best case scenario you are drawing to 5 outs (assuming he is ahead here). Given the pot size and the passive player, I think its an easy fold here. The pot is small.

Chairman Wood
01-15-2005, 01:54 AM
I vote fold. LP 3 bets and leads turn, ugh. I think that at best you are drawing to 5 outs, and you could be drawing to either 3 or dead. This is a fold.

Nick C
01-15-2005, 02:00 AM
You're probably behind. You might have the odds to draw, but even if you do, you don't by much.

I think folding is best.

Edit: Well, I guess you easily have the odds to draw against, say, Q5. But that hand doesn't seem very likely.

PantherZ
01-15-2005, 03:32 PM
I folded to the turn bet. CO called.

River was 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bet, CO called.

SB wins the pot with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, CO had T/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif

I guess there's nothing to say, except to tip my hat to the SB. He outplayed me, moved me off of my hand, and won the whole pot.