PDA

View Full Version : A-K, flop top pair, raised all in on the flop?

john smith
01-15-2005, 01:11 AM
Fairly early in the tournament, blinds at 15/30.
I find A-Ko (no hearts) in the bb. One limper in MP, sb completes, I raise it to 90, limper calls, sb folds.

Pot is 195, my stack is about 1500, villians stack is about 1200. No real read on villian, plays suited ace-rag UTG, pretty aggressive.

Flop comes 6-Q-A, two hearts. I bet out 100, villian raises to 200, I reraise to 400, he pushes, and I fold.

My thought at first was that he might have an ace with a worse kicker, but when he pushed I figured he must have hit a set of 6s, or maybe two pair with a-6.

I know I played this horribly, I was just wondering how I should have played it. Thanks!

vicpanic
01-15-2005, 01:51 AM
I'd rule out a set. Seems like a K/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif, i would have folded as well

phixxx
01-15-2005, 03:33 AM
I'd raise it more PF. At least 4x.

kuro
01-15-2005, 10:59 AM
I don't like the 1/2 pot bet on the flop. Make a full pot bet this early, because aggressive players looking to build a big stack may misinterpret that for weakness and bluff you out of the pot. If he comes over the top of that then you pretty much have to make a decision on if you should push or fold. Don't make min reraises, because if you're opponent is on a flush draw you are giving him pots odds to call and see the next card.