PDA

View Full Version : Was I Tilting?

private joker
01-14-2005, 11:02 PM
Three straight hands, right in a row (well, one, and then I folded until 2 and played 3 right after 2, but you get the picture). Can't figure out if I misplayed or what... usually I can recognize my own tilt and didn't think I was doing much wrong (obviously Hand 1 is standard, but it might have set me up for misplays on 2 and 3), but confirmation always helps:

I was new to the table, so no strong reads. Table seemed pretty loose. Button in Hand 1 went all-in on the river for another $3 or so, and the converter didn't read it.

Hand 1:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls.

River: (10.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.12 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kh Kc (two pair, kings and tens).
Button has Ks Js (straight, king high).
Outcome: Button wins 12.12 BB. </font>

Hand 2:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

BB has Qs 3c (two pair, queens and threes).
Hero has Ah Qd (one pair, queens).
Outcome: BB wins 11.75 BB. </font>

Hand 3:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Hero has Ad Ah (one pair, aces).
MP2 has 8d 9d (straight, jack high).
Outcome: MP2 wins 9.75 BB. </font>

private joker
01-14-2005, 11:38 PM
More specifically -- Hand 2: 3-bet the turn? Hand 3: check-fold the river?

JinX11
01-14-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River: (10.25 BB) Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
Hero bets, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...you should raise yourself. And three-bet.

private joker
01-14-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...you should raise yourself. And three-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the post, smart guy.

[ QUOTE ]
Button in Hand 1 went all-in on the river for another $3 or so, and the converter didn't read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

vetman81
01-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Hand 1: Looks good.

Hand 2: What is your read on villain? If he is a LAG, I may 3 bet the turn. Other than that I think it is ok.

Hand 3: Looks good until the river. The river bet may actually be good, but against 2 opponents I am not sure. It is likely that any spade will call you here. HU, I would bet this, but against two guys, I am not sure. I am not saying it is bad, but I dont know if it is worth it or not. I probably check/fold the river, unless I'm up against a LAG. Without a spade, your opponent most likely would have checked behind you.

JinX11
01-14-2005, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
More specifically -- Hand 2: 3-bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not. Not much you are ahead of that would raise the turn like that - a worse queen is about it. First thing I thought was 55.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3: check-fold the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...checking might invite a bluff from last-to-act. I bet and fold to a raise.

Nick C
01-14-2005, 11:49 PM
Hand 2: Generally speaking, I don't like 3-betting turn checkraises with just top pair.

Hand 3: What a lousy board for your great starting hand. I'm not sure what's best. I don't think anyone has to have a spade though. The problem is, there are other ways you can lose. And I'm not sure someone with a hand that's better than yours will give you credit for a flush.

I'd probably check. I think I'd call one, though, especially if MP2 bet and BB folded.

Edit for Hand 3: Actually, as I look again and try to disregard the results, I'm thinking you probably would have heard from most non-flush hands that beat yours already.

I still don't know what the best course of action is on the river, though.

JinX11
01-14-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Button in Hand 1 went all-in on the river for another $3 or so, and the converter didn't read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I thought you were referring to missing "All-in" that typically accompanies all-in bets. You meant that the converter completely bollocksed up the river. Thanks for the articulate disclaimer. Smart guy. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ErrantNight
01-15-2005, 03:45 AM
hand 1, fine

hand 2, i think you can find a fold here on the river... but against an unknown i'm considering 3-betting the turn, not doing so, and calling down. lots of people wait 'til the turn to pop their monsters, and overvalue their top pair. i think you're likely behind. the question is... are you good ~ 1/11 on the river? i think it's close, and i don't think you can fold the turn.

hand 3, check the river. if they've called this far they're calling with their flush, and if they raise they've got you crucified. short of, perhaps, a set or straight, nothing is calling you here. and i can't think of anything that's putting any more money in that you can take home.

MCS
01-15-2005, 06:04 AM
You don't seem tilting to me. Hand 1 is fine. I 3-bet the turn in Hand 2, but calling is fine. River in Hand 3 is tricky. I probably check-call but betting and folding to a raise is probably fine too.

Maybe I'm just in an agreeable mood. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SCfuji
01-15-2005, 06:19 AM
villain in hand 1 didnt misplay his hand, except preflop. he just got one of his outs =[.

hand 1 and hand 2 i play the same.
hand 3 is tricky on the river. im not sure if i want to bet and fold to a raise or check call...

i dont think you were tilting pj, your cards just didn't hold.