PDA

View Full Version : Do you clap in movie theaters?

dtbog
01-14-2005, 10:38 PM
I sure as hell don't.

-DB

Cubswin
01-14-2005, 10:40 PM
No, but i once caught the clap in a movie theater...

dtbog
01-14-2005, 10:42 PM
At least it wasn't Gonorrhea! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-DB

Tosh
01-14-2005, 11:00 PM
I know this happens, so who the hell is doing it??!! I propose a worldwide law making this illegal.

RED_RAIN
01-14-2005, 11:24 PM
This is like clapping in church after a good song.

jakethebake
01-15-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I usually whistle in church instead.

Randy_Refeld
01-15-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They always do this at my wife's church. This is the main reason I refuse to attend.

RR

dtbog
01-15-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually whistle in church instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the nuns? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-DB

jakethebake
01-15-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They always do this at my wife's church. This is the main reason I refuse to attend. RR

[/ QUOTE ]
main reason? or main excuse? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

eobmtns
01-15-2005, 12:32 AM
No, but I always watch all the credits. This is because I went to film school and I want to assure myself that none of my classmates ever worked on a real movie either.

Evan
01-15-2005, 12:36 AM
This post reminds me of this time I was in Pizza Hut with a couple friends. One of them ordered root beer to drink. THe waitress said, "I'm sorry we don't have root beer but we do have Wild Cherry Pepsi."

I'm glad you watch all the credits. I'm sorry you've never worked on a real movie. I don't know why you told us.

scotnt73
01-15-2005, 12:37 AM
twice in my life and both times everyone else did it too.

1)legolas sliding down the elephans head after shooting him in the head
2)seabuscuit where hes racing the big horse 1 on 1 and the jokey looks at the other jockey and says something like "see ya later (insert other jockeys name here)" and takes off

i goto movies at least once a month and im 31 and have never applauded at any other one and would prob feel silly doing so. both movies were packed and it just felt right. my wife actually laughed about at dinner after the legolas one because i was the first one to clap and the whole theater errupted. it was opening night though so it was full of die hard nerds like myself.

The Dude
01-15-2005, 01:17 AM
I clap in movie theatres, but it's always in one of two instances:
1. The movie was over, and I was particulary impressed.
2. A sweet scene just went down, AND it's a mid-night sneak preview. (For those that have never gone to one, the audience is very active - they're fun.)

Cerril
01-15-2005, 01:28 AM
Very rarely. Highly anticipated previews can get applause, the lights dimming during a midnight screening (but I never applaud the opening credits), and once in a blue moon the ending of a movie that was just that good - it's more polite than yelling how excited I am that I just saw this kickass movie.

Duke
01-15-2005, 01:58 AM
I don't even cheer with everyone else when the "A long time ago..." comes on at new Star Wars movies on opening night.

~D

Damn. My 1600th should have been a joke.

tek
01-15-2005, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't fault anybody if they did. It's not as bad as talking to the screen like I've seen some people do... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ArchAngel71857
01-15-2005, 06:36 PM
no.

but 2kf clapped in return of the king when . . .

ARRRRGH, HERE BE SPOILERS:
<font color="white">Frodo claimes the ring and doesn't destroy it</font>

just to make fun of the ridiculous clapping going on through the whole movie.

-AA

ilya
01-15-2005, 06:47 PM
Now and then.

Alobar
01-15-2005, 10:13 PM
I remember when I was little my dad took me to go see Rocky IV, when rocky beats the russian guy the theatre errupts in apploause and about half the people stood up and cheered. I've never seen anything like that since. Maybe a movie here or there with occasional applause, but never standing and cheering. Not even the star wars dorks did that.

Bulldog
01-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Never understood this. Half the audience at Coach Carter on Saturday applauded. They can't hear you! They aren't here in the theater with us!

namknils
01-17-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Never understood this. Half the audience at Coach Carter on Saturday applauded. They can't hear you! They aren't here in the theater with us!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, I hate it when people applaude at movies. All it does is show me who the idiots in the theater are.