PDA

View Full Version : Help! My LabTop is Broken!!!!!

DangerGoodson
01-14-2005, 09:55 PM
My dumb ass just stepped on my labtop! It turns on but the screen doesnt work, it looks cracked with...I dont know what to do.

I have a warranty with HP, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't cover obvious physical damage to the screen....should I try to send it in anyway? Maybe I can break it another way so they have to give me a new one...Any ideas?

I can buy another one, but I don't want to take a $1,000 hit, if I dont have too. I know It's my fault but does anyone know I way I can fix this for cheap? or get past the warranty screen thing?

Help!

Thanks,
Drew

Steve McQueen
01-15-2005, 02:41 AM
Attempting to defraud a company? You should be ashamed.

It's not HP's fault that you were careless and mistreated your laptop, so don't try and get them topay for it

You want to damage it some other way so they'll give you a new one, right? Brilliant. But they'll still see the screen is damaged when you send it in.

You're [censored].

astroglide
01-15-2005, 02:45 AM
if it's physically broken you're basically hosed unless you bought a ridiculous extended warranty. research insurance angles. and it's a LAPtop.

Flashy
01-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Hey, Newbie we try and help people out here, not sermonize.

ilya
01-15-2005, 06:50 PM
how did you clamber up there in the first place?

Steve McQueen
01-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Well it's inappropriate to help defraud a company because of his own mistakes.

ilya
01-15-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well it's inappropriate to help defraud a company because of his own mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you, you can walk downhill and still get to the moral high ground in this scenario.

Freakin
01-16-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My dumb ass just stepped on my labtop! It turns on but the screen doesnt work, it looks cracked with...I dont know what to do.

I have a warranty with HP, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't cover obvious physical damage to the screen....should I try to send it in anyway? Maybe I can break it another way so they have to give me a new one...Any ideas?

I can buy another one, but I don't want to take a $1,000 hit, if I dont have too. I know It's my fault but does anyone know I way I can fix this for cheap? or get past the warranty screen thing?

Help!

Thanks,
Drew

[/ QUOTE ]

Danger -

It happens. If the screen is the only thing that is seriously broken, than it can be replaced for MUCH less than the price of a new laptop. I would try finding out from HP how much a replacement screen woudl cost, and what the exact part # is. You can likely find 3rd party screens that are identical for easily half the price. My fiance's roommate had a broken screen, and some d00d that frequented her coffee shop had her order a 3rd party screen for like $200. Works good as new. DEFINITELY do not send it to HP and ask them to fix it. They will rip you a new [censored] with the bill they send you. If you're uncomfortable repairing it yourself, call a laptop repair place in your area. Many places that sell used laptops also do repairs. Hope this helps, dumbass /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Freakin

Gordon Bombay
01-16-2005, 01:17 AM

Freakin
01-16-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Freakin you are being lame.

Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

usually....

Freakin

Gordon Bombay
01-16-2005, 01:45 AM

Freakin
01-16-2005, 01:48 AM
It's cause I'm not a sweet-skinned hockey-playing little boy. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Freakin

wcsherry
01-16-2005, 04:01 PM
seriously, who steps on their laptop /images/graemlins/grin.gif