PDA

View Full Version : Being weak post-flop, how to improve?

raccon
01-14-2005, 09:25 PM
I have been playing 0.5/1 and after 18k hands I have beaten it for ~4 BB/100. Nice rate, but I feel that my post-flop play is still pretty bad and it makes me feel a bit unconfident. I think I should move up to 1/2 soon, but before I do that I really need to fix my post-flop play a lot.

I hope more experienced players could help me out with this and also many other beginning micro-players get some good stuff out of this thread.

Hera are few of my posftlop problems:

Problem 1. At 0.5/1 it's mostly 3 or more seeing the flop. So when a flop misses me (no even middle pair or a gutshot draw), I automatically assume that some of my opponents has at least a top or middle pair. So I pretty much fold my cards if opponent bets.

Problem 2. Counting outs properly. This is probably similar very close to the 1st problem. I know the outs for straight, flush and gutshot draws but that's all - I'm in trouble in other situations.

Problem 3. Inability to "read" players. I use PT and PlayerView, but feel that it hasn't helped me much - I really don't know how to take advantage of this software. I try to assume the behaviour of an opponent based on his VPIP, PFR and agression numbers, but my guesses seem mostly go wrong.

Problem 4. If I get raised in heads-up situation on turn, when I should fold and when I should call down and check-call on the river? I usually call down. I think that I lose quite much on these situations. What is betting for value?