PDA

View Full Version : KK 3rd hand

bxpeter
01-14-2005, 08:50 PM
3rd hand of a $100 sitgo

I have KK in the CO, UTG+1 minraises to 30, 3 people call, i reraise to 200, UTG+1 and one other idiot calls.

A78 flop rainbow.

checked to me and I freeze up. I check as well.

9 on the turn.

UTG+1 bets 250.

The turn seems to be an easy fold, but what is the best play on the flop?

willperkins
01-14-2005, 10:24 PM
If I understand your post, after the fkop there are three players still in the game, t680 in the pot and it is checked to you.

I would have to make a probe bet of about t200 to see where I was at. I may take down a nice pot right there. I made a big raise to start with, so I would certatinly bet representing the Ace.

Just for the sake of argument, why do you think you should fold on the turn? If you look at it from UTG+1's point of view, he could have JJ, QQ, TT, AK (I would doubt that because you have KK) or maybe even AQ. It is checked around so he may think he has the best hand and bets out about 1/3 of the pot. I would raise him about t200. (if t200 is more than 40% of your remaining stack then push).
If he is slowplaying a set, then so be it, but I would think I have the best hand.

Please let me know if you think my read is wrong or play is too aggressive.

SoCalPat
01-14-2005, 11:59 PM
I like the flop bet when checked to. If he raises, I can ditch. If he bets into me on the turn, I can ditch.

Checking this flop screams "I DON'T HAVE AN ACE! BET AND TAKE THIS POT!" But betting out will put your opponent on either the offensive or defensive, and it will make your decisions thereafter much easier, especially since you've got position.

KenProspero
01-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Bet the flop as if you had an A.