PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker's Step Tournaments

alt0m
01-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Which do you think, if either, offers better value to the experienced NL player, the one table or two table STEP tournaments on Party Poker and why?

It seems that there is less action on the two table STEP of late.

Thank you.

DVC Calif
01-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Experienced NL player at .....?

Ring games, SnG's, or MTT's?

Do you know how to play well with different stacks?

Do you play ABC poker? Can you change gears as the situation calls?

How is your bubble play?

How is your bubble play in satellites?

You say there is less action at the two table Steps. What step are you buying into?

Help us help you. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DVC Calif
01-14-2005, 08:47 PM
Coming back in because you may be asking more of a general question.

Let's ask an experienced NL player...here's one:

DVC: Excuse me sir, 2+2 would like to know which Step tourney offers better value for the experienced NL player: One-table or Two-table?

Gigabet: Why choose? There's plany of fish at both. Multi-table at least two Step 5 one-table, two Step 5 two-table, two $200+15 SnG, two $100+9 multis and throw in a couple of 5/10 to breakup the boredom.

DVC:Okay...let's try somebody else. Excuse me, could I ask you a quick question? Which do you prefer, one or two table Steps?

ZeeJustin:Dude, you'll find me at any table that's gonna pay me. The $215's are like my personal ATM's but I'm learning to love the Steps. If you see ZeeJustin, ZeJustin, ZJustin, or any variation of initials that include a Z or J, hang onto your BR.

DVC: Well, I gues that answers it. It takes three licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. I hoped that helps you out alt0m.

KingMedicine
01-14-2005, 09:26 PM
awesome post DVC!

alt0m
01-14-2005, 10:10 PM
You are right DVC Calif. My question was too vague. Assuming a hypothetical good NL player experienced in both ring and tournament play (clearly not me):
1) Which level should he buy at for either one table or two table?
2) Does the different starting chip stacks and different tournament structure (regarding changes in the blinds) cause the experienced player to choose either the one or two table version.
3)Assuming,you choose not to buy into the fifth level,which
level should you buy into for either version.
4 Is the simple answer to the my question, go where there lies the greatest action, even if one structure might be more random than the other.

Thank you for your responses.