PDA

View Full Version : 8-8 UTG, Reraised Back To Me

gojacketz
01-14-2005, 07:46 PM
I don't usually have many preflop questions, but this one caught my eye when I was going over it last night:

UTG + 1 is tight passive, but is extremely aggressive on the turn and river.

Cutoff is very loose and somewhat aggressive preflop, but very passive after the flop. He also only has $4 left in his stack.

SB likes to see the flop no matter what the price. Passive postflop.

BB is a tight/passive player, never seen him throw in a preflop raise, limited time at the tables with him.

I am four tabling, UTG with 8-8. Table has been very loose, but not many preflop raises, so I limp first in, only to be raised and reraised before it is back to me. SB and BB call, we are gonna have five way action if I call.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls. (20 SB in the pot now).

What do you think about calling the two bets back to me, and figuring I will have to throw in a third? Five handed, I think the call was okay.

Any thoughts? Should I dump this for two bets back to me, and probably going to be facing a cap? Should I cap it myself (if I call the two bets, I am sure as heck gonna call the cap now)?

Gojacketz

Entity
01-14-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you think about calling the two bets back to me, and figuring I will have to throw in a third? Five handed, I think the call was okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fine. Since SB and BB came along, you'll be looking at 2:13 immediate odds or 3:17 if it gets capped, either way you're calling.

Make sure when the action comes to you on the flop that you don't fold with proper odds, because you're probably going to be seeing this one to the turn at the very least.

Rob

Shillx
01-14-2005, 07:53 PM
It is almost never correct to fold a pocket after you already put $$ into the pot. If the players are this aggressive, you will be rewarded nicely if you flop a set.

Brad

topspin
01-14-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I dump this for two bets back to me, and probably going to be facing a cap?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're sure it's going to get capped and that it will definitely be 5-way, you're getting 17:3 to call a 1:7.5 shot. You need 5.5SB more in implied odds to call this profitably. That's, like, 1 person seeing the river and everyone else folding. I think calling is fine.