PDA

View Full Version : AQ suited

Swills
01-14-2005, 07:40 PM
I just want a review of how I played this one.
BB can be very loose and aggressive. UTG is new to the table but seems very loose and passive. Never raises, even with monster hands. Button is loose and weak.

2/4 Live
Hero: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, everyone calls

Turn: 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, everyone else calls

River: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, Button calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Whaddy think? Should I have bet or ever 3-bet the flop?

Results in white:
<font color="white">Hero AQ </font>
<font color="white">Button mucked </font>
<font color="white">BB J8 (winning with a str8 </font>

wuarhg
01-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Nothing wrong here. You just got unlucky

Chuckles1248
01-14-2005, 08:28 PM
What makes you think he got unlucky? Looks to me like everyone else was just as afraid of the J as he was on the river there. I know a lot of bad players just call on the river when they hit their random gutshots or whatever, but a majority of them let you know about it.

EDIT: I am an idiot, and apparently the words "Results in White" mean absolutely nothing to me. My only excuse is it's late in the day on friday and work is boring.

wuarhg
01-14-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What makes you think he got unlucky? Looks to me like everyone else was just as afraid of the J as he was on the river there. I know a lot of bad players just call on the river when they hit their random gutshots or whatever, but a majority of them let you know about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You feeling okay dude?

WillMagic
01-14-2005, 08:37 PM
I don't really care what the results are, because you played this fine.

Will

mr pink
01-14-2005, 08:42 PM
losing to runner runner straight is pretty unlucky

afk
01-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Well played. This is pretty standard.

Mike Gallo
01-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Whaddy think? Should I have bet or ever 3-bet the flop?

I think you played the hand well.

At the end of the day look at how you played. If you played well for the session and had a loss, acknowledge the standard deviation demons.

If you feel better your opponent missed some river bets.

Welcome aboard.

Tosh
01-14-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, BB calls,

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

BB J8 (winning with a str8

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone remember this next time they talk about what people will call with on the flop.

You played well btw.