PDA

View Full Version : Best software for Party Poker

B40
01-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the site, been playing online poker for about 2 years now and a few live tournys. Been doing ok so far the past week, but I'm wondering if using a poker program will improve my play.

What's the best poker software to use for Party Poker in SNG tournys? Are these programs allowed by Party Poker to be used?

Any input is appreciated.

arabie
01-14-2005, 08:46 PM
pokertracker is the most respected software on this site. It keeps track of yours and your opponent's statistics. This includes thorough detail on their play from different positions, how agressive they are, how often they fold to steals, how often they attempt to steal, what kind of player they are, etc. A free program called gametime can be used with pokertracker to show your opponents statistics under their names while you play. Both softwares can be used with party and all its affiliates among most of the other top sites. Pokertracker costs $55, but if you want a $5 discount on it, PM (private msg) and i'll give you details.

B40
01-15-2005, 12:34 AM
I already downloaded the trial version of PT. How much will this help my game though?

I'm also concerned about becoming to dependent on these programs that I won't be comfortable playing live games without these handy stats available.

KenProspero
01-15-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm also concerned about becoming to dependent on these programs that I won't be comfortable playing live games without these handy stats available.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want every edge I can get whenever I play. If I play on-line 90% of the time, I'm not going to give up that edge because 10% of the time I won't have it.

excession
01-15-2005, 03:56 AM
Well live you only play one table at a time and things move about half the speed of one online table.

I usually play 3 SnG's or 2-3 Ring Tables online.

In one hours play at a B&M you might need to watch a dozen players (say a couple get up and leave and get replaced).

In one hours play multitabling online you might need to watch 50. You can try to do that without PT, but as I'm not an autistic savant I find PT easier. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

B40
01-15-2005, 04:10 AM
Ok, I'm convinced. I will try Poker Tracker along with Playerview. Thanks guys.