PDA

View Full Version : Favorite hungover breakfast foods

brassnuts
01-14-2005, 07:19 PM
I prefer a good ol' American breakfast. 3 Eggs -- sometimes I go scrambled, sometimes overeasy -- hashbrowns, and sausage... delightful greasy sausage.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-14-2005, 07:19 PM
Chipotle.

GuyOnTilt
01-14-2005, 07:21 PM
I don't get hungover for some reason, probably 'cause I drink tons of water before going to bed. But bacon, more bacon, eggs over-medium, and fried potatoes. Yum.

GoT

Ed I
01-14-2005, 07:23 PM
You're really not hungover if you can eat or even think about it.

brassnuts
01-14-2005, 07:28 PM
I'm not talking about being incapacitated, just when you stomach is a little unsettled and you basically feel like sh!t.

Like GoT, I usually don't get hungover either - water is a good idea - and when I do, fortunately it's mild. Last night I just got a little carried away and killed about a 1/4 of a handle of Maker's.

wacki
01-14-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get hungover for some reason, probably 'cause I drink tons of water before going to bed. But bacon, more bacon, eggs over-medium, and fried potatoes. Yum.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Vodka drinker?

GuyOnTilt
01-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Vodka drinker?

Often, yeah. Right now, that's about all I have, and I have like 4 litres of it.

GoT

wacki
01-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Ultimate hangover recipe, click here. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1462649&Fo rum=All_Forums&Words=eggs&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Ma in=1462378&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=7066&dat erange=1&newerval=1&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertyp e=&bodyprev=#Post1462649)

Evan
01-14-2005, 07:41 PM
gatorade

shant
01-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Breakfast burrito.

dr. klopek
01-14-2005, 07:50 PM
When I used to go to work hungover at 5am I'd get lunch at this cart: a potato, eggs, salsa, steak and sour cream burrito. It was fantastic, after about an hour, cured.

Evan-Gatorade is exactly wehere it's at.

lapoker17
01-14-2005, 08:22 PM
Scrapple.

mmcd
01-14-2005, 08:29 PM
Last night I just got a little carried away and killed about a 1/4 of a handle of Maker's. \

No wonder you don't really get hungover. Try drinking a whole handle and see how you feel the next morning (afternoon).

ThaSaltCracka
01-14-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Last night I just got a little carried away and killed about a 1/4 of a handle of Maker's. \

No wonder you don't really get hungover. Try drinking a whole handle and see how you feel the next morning (afternoon).

[/ QUOTE ]LMAO, except MM is 100 proof.

bholdr
01-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Ok i know it sounds goofy, but i SWEAR, the only way to cure a hangover faster is by getting drunk again. if you can't be bothered to save some booze for the next morning, then consider drinking about three shots of pickle juice.

Why is it so effective?
When we get hangovers, as guy on tilt implied, it's mainly due to dehydration, which is what makes gatorade such a good remedy. our bodies crave the sodium and potassium electrolytes that gatorade provides, but all that sugar really cancells some of the effect.

hence pickle juice- it's chock full of the salts that the body needs without the sugar. it's also cheap, and every bachelor likely has some in the fridge. One shot of good kosher dill nectar is as good as about a quart of gatorade. drink water as a chaser. It works in about ten minutes or less and is good for any dehydration- not just hangovers.

After the first few times that it works for you, you'll notice a strange thing- a psychological association that makes pickle juice taste like the purest thing since 10,000 year old glacier water (which, IMO, is pretty damn good).

I learned about this from one of the nations leading experts on hydration- some naked chick with fairy wings on at the BURNING MAN festival outside of Gerlach, Nevada. there 30K people hang naked in the desert at 6000 feet and 110 degrees- they know a thing or two about staying hydrated.

Piss Clear.
Bholdr

oh, here's a couple more good ones:
eggs (i know it's been said)
Miso soup
anything with B vitamins (red bull, odwalla)
seedless green grapes
any adreniline jolt- wakes you right up.

or another fav of mine- eight more hours of sleep! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
01-14-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When we get hangovers, as guy on tilt implied, it's mainly due to dehydration,

[/ QUOTE ] I believe this is incorrect. Dehydration is part of it, but def not all of it. Dr. Wacki, I require your assistance and clarification.

Paging Dr. Wacki.

bholdr
01-14-2005, 08:37 PM
dehydration is the MAIN part of a hangover. yes, i know abuout all of the nasty sulfites and other chemiclles that get stuck in your system after a night of binge drinking...

but why are they stuck there?

because you're too dehydrated to piss 'em out!

piss clear.
bholdr.

ThaSaltCracka
01-14-2005, 08:38 PM
thanks chief.

bholdr
01-14-2005, 08:41 PM
trust me. i have performed extensive research on the subject, at great personal risk and expense.

bholdr
01-14-2005, 11:13 PM
don't forget the biscuts n' gravy. i sometimes do to a diner and get this at 5AM- no hangover!

CCx
01-14-2005, 11:28 PM
well, usually when i'm hungover and i wake up, i reach for the bong, makes the head stop throbbing temporarily... but as for the food....

i rock the eggs too

egg white omelette, ham, cheese, chopped up pieces of sausage, and a fat ass bottle of hot sauce

and a beer to wash it down, of course!

(i am going to try the pickle juice thing next time though, and so help me god if it gives me the sh!ts.....)

scotnt73
01-15-2005, 12:39 AM
pancakes with eggs and bacon. man pancake rock the morning after! the bacon has to be burnt and crisp though.

James Boston
01-15-2005, 12:41 AM
Not really food, but Spicy Hot V8 has always treated me well.

IronDragon1
01-15-2005, 02:36 AM
Some sort of Breakfast meat (Ham, steak, etc.) with hash browns, O.J and pancakes

Pancakes are key

Scotch78
01-15-2005, 04:26 AM
my faviore hungeover dinner is steak and wsweet potato, but i'm usualy sober my brakfast

wacki
01-15-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
trust me. i have performed extensive research on the subject, at great personal risk and expense.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to learn how to do better research. ThaSaltCrack is correct, dehydration is only a small part.

Anatomy of a hangover:

Alcohol causes the pituitary gland in the brain to block the creation of vasopressin which causes the kidneys to send water straight the the bladder and dehydrate you. This causes the brain to shrink. Membranes connecting the brain to the skull are pulled tight and cause pain.

Depending on the type of yeast used, different types of alcohol will have many different types of congeners or toxins in it. These toxins are the primary cause of the absolute worst hangovers. Bourbon tends to have the most congeners and vodka has the least.

Then there is this process (caution gets technical).

Alcohol dehydrogenase, an enzyme in the liver that breaks down alcohol, produces a byproduct called acetaldehyde. Acetaldehyde dehydrogenase attacks acetaldehyde with the help of glutathione to create acetate. If it works well, the process only exposes the body to the toxic acetaldehyde for a very short amount of time. Unfortunately, the liver's stores of glutathione are limited and when the body needs to make glutathione, acetaldehyde just sits around and has plenty of time to do it's damage. This whole process requires L-Cysteine so it is slowed down even more (giving acetaldehyde more time to do damage) if you are low on L-Cysteine. This is why eating before you drink is so important.

Then there is the depression of glutamine, which is a natural stimulant. The excess of glutamine is released during the night which why you are so tired the next day.....

I could go on, but I think this proves TSC's point. Feel free to PM me if you ever need help TSC, I've been doing most of my reading in other forums lately. I've been concentrating a lot more on poker.

nothumb
01-15-2005, 05:17 AM
It's been said, but the answer is clearly drinking more. My favorite is Sunday mornings at the bowling alley alternating tequila shots and glasses of water. Works perfect.

For food, it's gotta be cheese fries and a big ol burger.

I don't care if it's 7 in the damn morning, I want a burger!

NT

wacki
01-15-2005, 05:19 AM
NoThumb, read my Ultimate hangover food link.

nothumb
01-15-2005, 05:22 AM
Dude, I skimmed that post the first time you posted it, what makes you think I'm going to read the whole thing now?

I did pass on the eggs and burnt toast thing to a friend. I don't eat bananas.

And I rarely get hungover anymore - if I do, I deserved it.

NT

realwtf
01-15-2005, 05:25 AM
Spicy hot pork rinds.