PDA

View Full Version : Easy muck....right?

tac252
01-14-2005, 05:48 PM
This is my very fist hand at the table, so I have absolutely nothing on the villian.

Nevertheless, the call on the flop and raise on the turn screamed out to me he had a Q. I'm sure most of you will say this play is weak-tight, so fire away.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, SB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Any input is very much welcomed. Thanks.

tom

BusterStacks
01-14-2005, 06:05 PM
this play is weak-tight.

WillMagic
01-14-2005, 06:17 PM
I don't think it's as easy as you say. Club draw/worse ace are pretty significant possibilities here. I'd call him down.

Will

DemonDeac
01-14-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this play is weak-tight.

[/ QUOTE ]
very weak-tight
call, check/call river

ThaSaltCracka
01-14-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this play is weak-tight.

[/ QUOTE ]your avatar change is totally weak and not tight.

lil'
01-14-2005, 06:41 PM
This fold is not easy at all.

In fact, I think you should call down. The check-raise could be a Q, it could also be a worse ace or 8 or bluff or a semi-bluff. You'll win this enough to make calling down profitable.

Wired Jokers
01-14-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nevertheless, the call on the flop and raise on the turn screamed out to me he had a Q. I'm sure most of you will say this play is weak-tight, so fire away.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fold on the turn is not weak-tight. It is simply terrible.

With that out of the way, can you explain why MP1's action - who by the way open-limped into the pot - "screamed out" that he had a Q? I'm being serious here. Hearing your thoughts may help us explain why it is an error to evaluate the situation as you did.

tac252
01-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Yea, slapped myself in the face after I folded this. Thanks for the advice.

tom

tac252
01-14-2005, 07:34 PM
First off I wanna say you are right. In retrosspect it was a bad fold that I regretted and decided to post to see some other opinions.

What I was thinking: There are several hands that many players will limp in EP with that include a Q (KQ, QJ, QT, loose players Q9 and passive players AQ).

With no reads I decided to take his turn raise seriously meaning he called on the flop with the intention of raising the turn. I figure he knows that since I raised there is a huge possibility that I myself have a Q and even stronger that I have an A, making his turn raise extremely reckless if he can't at least beat a strong A. In retrospect, a very bold assumption considering I had no hands on him in PT.

After rereading my post I realize my reasoning is very weak tight for these limits and it was in fact a bad fold.

Thanks for all the posts, I appreciate them all.

tom