PDA

View Full Version : Muck trips on the turn?

steveyz
01-14-2005, 05:34 PM
No read on either opponent at the time. Table in general has been on the loose (but not too aggro) side at this time.

------------------------------------------------

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $15.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12.66 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.33 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero ???

IndianOcean
01-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Fold. AK, QJ, KJ, too many hands beat you

man
01-14-2005, 06:07 PM
I don't know if I like your checkraise on the flop, but that's a debatable call.

UTG could have AA, KK, but I don't like his call of your checkraise on the flop if so. I also don't think he'd raise you on 4th street with those holdings, so I'm more inclined to put him on QQ or AK.

BB perplexes me here. His legitimate three-betting hands on 4th street after smooth-calling two raises on the flop are AK, QQ, QJ, and JT. AK is statistically the most probable one, but his smooth-call preflop and his double-smooth-call on the flop kind of rules that out. I doubt QQ also because of his preflop play. QJ is a possibility, but there are only 3 ways to make that hand, as with JT. You clearly can't put him on a semibluff. This guy has me flabbergasted. Based on his play, I have to put him on QJ (maybe JT--much less likely).

So between AK, QQ, QJ, and JT, and two players, your prospects are looking pretty grim. You can only draw to beat AK with a full house (10 outs), but you're drawing dead to most of the other hands. I'd say your muck was a good move.

edit--AJ and KJ are out there too, probably for UTG. Again, muck.

LuckYou777
01-14-2005, 06:37 PM
tell the truth, im still a little shook up about playing J /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif under the gun.

but hey, that's why i'm playing 5-10.

best of "luck".

/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="green"> "3 Card" Monte Green </font> /images/graemlins/club.gif

for the record, i'm pretty sure i'd muck on the turn.

Buck_65
01-14-2005, 06:46 PM
This is a good example of why you don't play J9s UTG. You have no idea what the action behind you will look like, and your position sucks. Muck preflop and save yourself a lot of bets in similar situations to this one.

goofball
01-14-2005, 07:47 PM
what on earth do you not like about the flop checkraise?

man
01-14-2005, 07:55 PM
I think it's pretty common to lead out on suited, coordinated boards (I thought there were two clubs on the board--whoops).

Chris Daddy Cool
01-14-2005, 07:59 PM
fold prflop.

the action strongly indicates you are so toast here and i'd guess if you plug in the math, you're likely not to find favorable odds.

4thstreetpete
01-14-2005, 11:42 PM
This would be an easy fold. I had a similar situation in a live game where I was bb with 63. Flopped a full house and checkraised the flop. The turn dropped a 9 with no possible flush on board was well as a straight. All broke loose as I bet and got raised twice. Folded my boat which proved to be the right decision as (2!) other players made their boat as well. Absolutely ridiculous. This was the only time I've ever folded a boat to this day but sometimes it's just so obvious that you're beat that you have to let go of your hand.

Fold your trips.