PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 B&M 8handed limps pflop

22suited
01-14-2005, 04:52 PM
I play some limit after the NL tourny at my local cardhouse. To give you some background, every hand is usually 5-8handed preflop limped all around. There is the "bet the best hand" and "keep him honest" mentality at the table. Preflop raises are laughed at and everyone calls.

My question is what hands should I be looking to take a flop with? How low of a pocket pair do I want to play? What happens when I flop bottom trips w/ 44 and theres a broken straight draw and 2 to a flush multihanded.

As far as suited connectors, should I be playing 3gappers or stick to 1 or 2? How many in the hand make it justifiable to play these?

jason_t
01-14-2005, 05:01 PM
At a table like this, I play all pocket pairs in any position. In late position, after a bunch of limpers, I like to raise since these tables also have the "check to the raiser mentality." Then I can take the free card on the flop to try and hit a set if I didn't already.

22suited
01-14-2005, 07:25 PM
What do you do with your connectors that hit 3 to a flush on the flop and its 1 bet to you? Or what about a gutshot that has 1 overcard to the flop? Would you say a belly buster with 1 over to the flop is better than a 3card flush?