PDA

View Full Version : AA and a big pot

kgrad5
01-14-2005, 04:48 PM
ok my question is on the turn, the pot was getting very big and i wanted to maximize my chance of winning it, so i check raised the turn hoping to get it heads up and i may very well be ahead.. comments?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (19 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, Button calls.

River: (25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 28 BB

dantheman_05
01-14-2005, 05:57 PM
your play here was very good. only othe roption would be to check raise the flop. with 5 players in a capped preflop, somebody will bet teh flop and you can check rasie to puch ppl out. but simply betting out is ok too. the turn check rasie was great, although you may be beat when you raised you found that he likely does not have the J. i would bet the river sinc ehe just called your turn cr. he wouldnt have AJ or KJ. he probably has KK or QQ maybe AA but not likely.

BottlesOf
01-14-2005, 06:03 PM
I like it, and i consider a flop c/r too.