PDA

View Full Version : Fishy TT hand, I'm a calling station

augie00
01-14-2005, 04:36 PM
No reads on anybody. I'm assuming that nobody at the table has any idea how to play, cause I just sat down. Action is pretty loose. When should I be folding this? Turn, or river? I know I should have folded it on one of these streets.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG+2 posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

chief444
01-14-2005, 04:48 PM
One flop raise and you back right off with your overpair? Would he raise a monster hand on the flop? Possibly but more likely a worse pair than TT. I 3-bet the flop.

That being said, he certainly doesn't seem to be scared of the two high cards on the river. But regardless of what you lost to I think you backed off too quickly.

Tosh
01-14-2005, 04:48 PM
I'd just 3 bet the flop here.

BWebb
01-14-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When should I be folding this? Turn, or river? I know I should have folded it on one of these streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? You have an overpair on the flop. I don't care if you lost this hand, one flop raise does not mean you are beat. You need to 3-bet this on the flop and lead the turn.

vegasvegas
01-14-2005, 05:24 PM
What did you put him on at the flop, trips are a slow played overpair bigger than yours ?
Another vote for raising him back.

BottlesOf
01-14-2005, 05:53 PM
The reason you face difficult decisions in this hand is because you pussied out. You GOTTA 3-bet that flop. You can't assume you're behind just because you were raised. A turn c/r won't work as there are tons of not so great cards that might show up. Plus, you have people already in for 2 on the flop, make 'em pay while you still can.