PDA

View Full Version : 77 yes?

wuarhg
01-14-2005, 04:35 PM
No real reads on villain, one orbit and he saw the flop once and was aggressive, He didn't seem ultra loose either. Is hand yes?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6 BB

chief444
01-14-2005, 04:42 PM
If he's aggressive don't you think he would check/raise a pair on the flop?

shummie
01-14-2005, 04:49 PM
I think betting the turn here may be a better play because there are a lot of draws you could be charging.

And I agree that if the villain is aggresive he would have check-raised or at least bet out his 8 or 6 on the flop. Less reason to put the villain on an 8 or 6. But...

If your turn bet gets raised here, villain might have a six for the trips or at least a strongish 8 that picked up some confidence when the board double paired. I would then see if I had odds to call for the gutshot or 2-outer trips.

I'd probably call a raise, then fold to a bet unimproved on the river.

- Jason

ricochet420
01-14-2005, 04:54 PM
I'd have to guess that he has a kx. On second thought, he probably has a flush draw and wants to push you off with the King coming on the river, I would have raised the river. I probably would have bet the turn as well, but that's me, who knows, it's probably the wrong move.

wuarhg
01-14-2005, 04:57 PM
I didn't see this player really calling with an 8 or 6 from the SB from what I had seen. I was squarely putting him on a pair here and I don't know why but I got this feeling or rather the time he took to play the hand on the flop and turn. Maybe it's my brain recognizing betting patterns or maybe i'm starting to lose it. But I have found these things to work pretty good when you combine them with some PT stats.

In this case that was a bit harder since the PT stats were extremely insufficient so I had to go with some feel. Sometimes I just make illogical plays. Didn't really like betting the turn because of the above and because I had 6 outs if I was behind.

Make any sense?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
I'm gonna go ahead and bet the turn here because I'm worried enough about overs to not risk giving a free card to a hand like QJ that might fold.

chief444
If you think he probably has a busted draw but may have a K then you would almost certainly be wrong to raise the river, even if he only has the K a small percentage of the time.

chief444
01-14-2005, 05:01 PM
I find it pretty hard to get that "feel" when my opponent is at the other end of a computer and often multitabling.

shant
01-14-2005, 05:02 PM
What good does raising a busted flush draw on the river do? If he's got a busted draw with no K then you can call, because he won't call a raise.

maxpowers21
01-14-2005, 05:05 PM
very easy turn bet

wuarhg
01-14-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find it pretty hard to get that "feel" when my opponent is at the other end of a computer and often multitabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I have psychic powers [joke, or is it?] /images/graemlins/grin.gif. So anyway I agree with betting the turn.

ricochet420
01-14-2005, 05:48 PM
Well, I guess it comes down to, do you want to see his cards?(call), do you want to try and make him fold to a raise so he doesn't see your cards? H3ll, I don't know, I suck.

WillMagic
01-14-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm surprised that this didn't get a more emphatic reaction from the regulars.

The turn check is absolutely inexcusable. You HAVE to bet here.

Will

Carmine
01-14-2005, 06:00 PM
Would I be wrong in assuming that the PF raise was more for deception than anything else. 77 is getting pretty low on the PP scale and you are realy playing it for set value or hoping for the perfect flop. MP1 is still a little early to be hoping your hand is best..no??

BottlesOf
01-14-2005, 06:00 PM
No. You can't check that turn.

WillMagic
01-14-2005, 06:10 PM
He's only two off the button here. Raising is definitely correct preflop.

Will