PDA

View Full Version : JJ hand turn decision

maxpowers21
01-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Not sure how to play this turn out of position with 3 callers on a fairly uncoordinated flop.

I think i will be beat here enough given the pot size to not want to see a showdown for 2 BB's with this many players. I think I will be up agaisnt at least Kings too often so i think check folding is the most profitable play. +0 EV. But, check folding seems a weak tight as well.
Also, since the bet was from the button on the turn should I take into account there is a greater chance I'm good here. Thoughts on the turn play?

7ontheline
01-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Looks weak-tight to me. This is indeed a pain because you are in the worst position, but I would keep firing until someone came back at you. What are your reads? What is your table image? Do people know that you'll fold to any aggression? Are you tight and people usually give you credit for a hand? Or will people look you up because you play lots of hands? These are all important questions.

maxpowers21
01-14-2005, 04:06 PM
It's a typical party 3-6 game so people will call with damn anythnig and not think much about table image anyways. And honestly i don't remember, i was 6-tabling at the time. The pot is only 6.5BB's though on the turn and i'm out of position, so this seems like a difficult decision still on whether to fire a 2nd bullet into this pot. Also, if the board was more coordinated i would bet the turn much more easily, but the board makes it very likely i'm up against at least kings, even for the 3-6 party game.

maxpowers21
01-14-2005, 04:27 PM
BUMP

Token
01-14-2005, 05:50 PM
My turn plays in order of preference would be to:
Bet the turn.
Check the turn then raise.
Check the turn and then call it down.

I think that most players would call the flop since it is only a small bet. You really need to bet the turn to find out who's serious. Also, since you were the pre-flop raiser, you might get a king with a weak kicker to fold.

WillMagic
01-14-2005, 06:05 PM
I don't mind your turn check at all. This is a bad board for a lot of hands, so when all three players call you, you are right to be worried. However, when the two middle players check behind you and the last player bets, you have to realize that your hand actually looks pretty good. MP3 could easily be betting a hand like TT, 99, 88, A7, and even 66 and 55. You can't fold here...in fact, a check-raise is in order.

Will

lil'
01-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Don't stop betting. The three of clubs is not scary.

Betting is better than going for the check raise, because you don't want this getting checked through.

Check folding is horrendous.

me454555
01-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Did you notice you had some flush outs?

Bet the turn, call a raise. Fold the river if you get raised on the turn, otherwise call down.

bicyclekick
01-14-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm betting that turn. If I get raised it's probably a fold but it depends on your notes/read of the player.

Check/folding the turn is bad weak poker. I'm probably check/calling the river, though. depends too.

Hojglad
01-14-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you notice you had some flush outs?

[/ QUOTE ]
Flush outs? Where? A flush is mathematically impossible for him after the flop.

Rudbaeck
01-15-2005, 04:26 AM
Bet the turn.