PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick check up for those familiar with stars .05/.1 game

Kaz The Original
01-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Common situations :
You're in the BB, two players in the pot with 89s. Flop comes 10108. You?

On the button, QJo. 2 limpers. Hero? Calls? Folds? Raises??!?!?

SB, 3 limpers, KQs. Hero calls? Raises?

Hero is EP, unopened put with AJ. Full table. A10? KQ? 10-10?

Hero is in BB with ace rag. Flop comes ace rag rag (doesn't pair your kicker). Hero? Does it change if it's paint rag
and / or paint paint?

Hero is in CO, 2 limpers with KJo. Hero calls? Folds?

Hero is in BB with 67h
Flop 345 45h. Small blind bets out small. Hero?

amoeba
01-14-2005, 03:23 PM
1. check fold.

2. highly dependent on my table image and propensity of other players to pay me off, stack size. all 3 could happen.

3. same as 2. although you should read the live 1/2 KQ in BB thread and see the discussion there.

4. highly table dependent. I think I vary between raising AJ and calling with AJ, fold AT, KQ same as AJ, raise TT.

5. if there is no straight flush draw, I check fold (the size of my rag does matter).

6. if its 6 max, I will either raise or fold.

7. so I have a straight with straight flush freeroll? is it heads up? I think I would call then bet big/reraise on a non flush turn. I don't want the flush to hit typically.

oh crap, didn't realize the header. I am not familiar with the stars .05/.10 game.

kurto
01-14-2005, 07:04 PM
"You're in the BB, two players in the pot with 89s. Flop comes 10108. You?" With 2 players in the pot, I'm more inclined to make a small bet at it. If no one has hit the 10's, they will fold. (And if you're near the button, you should bet if its checked to you.) If anyone calls, checkfold. It helps if you've shown down a lot of good hands and don't show a lot of bluffs.

"On the button, QJo. 2 limpers. Hero? Calls? Folds? Raises??!?!?" Unless you know the limpers will fold to a raise, raising is useless. I would fold this hand 90% of the time. I would call if the whole table limped to me just because if I hit, there's already a lot of bets in and there's a good chance I'll have callers.

"SB, 3 limpers, KQs. Hero calls? Raises?" I most likely limp. A raise may thin the field which is good, but your hand really isn't that strong to begin with. And you're going to be out of position the whole hand. Limp. If you don't hit the flop strong, be ready to dump it. You've only invested half a bet and its a hand that's easily dominated.

"Hero is EP, unopened put with AJ." Limp or raise so long as there aren't any good players in front of you (stack size is often an indicator). At these tables, AJ thru A-K is often a winner. Don't play any kicker less then a jack. Even Ax suited is junk unless you're on the button or in the blinds and can see it cheap.

"A10?" Limp at best. You're really hoping for 2 pair or a straight. I'm not risking much with a 10 kicker.

"KQ?" Limp at best. I usually fold it from EP.

"10-10?" Raise.

"Hero is in BB with ace rag. Flop comes ace rag rag" Check. If there's a bet, it all depends on who made the player, from what position and what they bet. If they bet a dime.. they don't have top pair and or don't like their kicker - occasionally checkraise em. Usually I'll fold to any bet. Rag kickers aren't usually worth losing your money.

"Hero is in BB with 67h
Flop 345 45h. Small blind bets out small. Hero?" How many people are in the pot? Do you want to win a small pot now or risk more? A small bet usually means draw. Raise 3-5x his bet will often take the pot. I sometimes will give one free card to increase the pot. If you do this, be prepared if you let someone outdraw you. If there are 6 players in a pot, I will often risk being outdrawn if I can win a bigger pot. (you can take 40 cents safely or risk being outdrawn and win $3) If anyone raises after you, check raise the heck out of em. On the turn, with a safe card, make your move. (ideally an ace or king hits and they put you on TP)