PDA

View Full Version : Lame-O

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-14-2005, 02:26 PM
It's lame when ESPN uses video games to illustrate what a football team does. IF THE TEAM IS SO [censored] GREAT AT DOING WHAT YOU'RE KISSING THEIR ASS FOR, SHOW THEM DOING IT IN REAL FOOTAGE.

Also, can anybody give me a good reason why I continue to watch NFL Live? The only reason I can think of right now is that work is incredibly slow at the moment - my project manager pretty much just told me to take the morning off and he'll call me in the afternoon. Also, my hands are too greasy from the potato chips for me to want to touch the remote. Apparently, the same doesn't apply to my keyboard and mouse.

AngryCola
01-14-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
t's lame when ESPN uses video games to illustrate what a football team does.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the networks do this now. ESPN uses both NFL2K5 and Madden 2005.

I also hate it.
The reasons behind it have nothing to do with "getting you closer to the action".
It's all about the advertising.
But you guys are smart. I'm sure you knew that much.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-14-2005, 02:31 PM
It's okay now. NFL Live is over and Magnus Vermagnussen (sp?) is going to show me why he's the World's Strongest Man. Motorcycle Yoke is up first.

ThaSaltCracka
01-14-2005, 02:32 PM
totally lame.

fnord_too
01-14-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's okay now. NFL Live is over and Magnus Vermagnussen (sp?) is going to show me why he's the World's Strongest Man. Motorcycle Yoke is up first.

[/ QUOTE ]

So am I the only one who finds those world's strongest man competitions inexplicably appealing? If I know ones on, and the TV is on, I'm watching it.

Shajen
01-14-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So am I the only one who finds those world's strongest man competitions inexplicably appealing? If I know ones on, and the TV is on, I'm watching it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta go old school though, to get to the "pureness" of the sport.

Bill Kazmeier (I think that's his name) the announcer dude used to do these events back in the day. Awesome awesome.

My favorites are the "Hmm, wonder how many times Ulf Ulfelsun (from Sweden, natch) can lift this gutted car full of Zimbabweian party girls? Oh, wow, 16 times. That's amazing, but I expected it. Ulf told me he's been training for 12 years for this event by being the tired changer at Henry's Garage"

God I love TWSM. Great show.

mmbt0ne
01-14-2005, 02:44 PM
Magnus Ver Magnussen is the [censored].

Edit: SomethingClever > me

SomethingClever
01-14-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Magnus Von Magnussen is the [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it's Magnus Ver Magnussen, but I could be wrong.

There could be a Magnus Von Magnussen and a Magnus Ver Magnussen.

Shajen
01-14-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this made me laugh. Nice work, bro.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
01-14-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I believe there is.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-14-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps even a Magnus Van der Magnussen?

mmbt0ne
01-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Well, if there are 2 of them, I meant Ver Magnussen. He's the hardass that won 4 of those competitions.

Lazymeatball
01-14-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that post was the shiit. and I don't go around making POTD claims willy nilly. i just find the abdsurdity of Scandanavian dominance in the WSMC and their funny names amusing.

ThaSaltCracka
01-14-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]maybe.

No joke, I use to watch it all the time because it was so interesting, plus Magnus was always on there pulling buses and carrying fat chicks.

anyways, I flip on ESPN2 and its on again, and its some Norweigian guy and his name is Magnus and he looked like the grand champ, but alas he was Magnus Von Magnussen. I immediately pounded a beer.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-14-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]maybe.

No joke, I use to watch it all the time because it was so interesting, plus Magnus was always on there pulling buses and carrying fat chicks.

anyways, I flip on ESPN2 and its on again, and its some Norweigian guy and his name is Magnus and he looked like the grand champ, but alas he was Magnus Von Magnussen. I immediately pounded a beer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. I recently experienced the same, only instead of beer, I finished off a bag of Lay's potato chips.

Gordon Bombay
01-14-2005, 03:04 PM

River2Pair
01-14-2005, 03:10 PM
what NHL?

From Jim Rome Show this week:

Caller--Here in Canada we do it doggie style, so both of us can watch the hockey game!

Romey--What hockey game?

Gordon Bombay
01-14-2005, 03:15 PM

fnord_too
01-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Ok, I ignored my first user. wtf is up with a gimmick account having 70+ posts in one day? And not one of them having ANY redeeming quality...

At any rate, I just have to yell

"VIKING POWAH!!!!!!"

River2Pair
01-14-2005, 07:07 PM
http://studiomark.com/march-2003-images/140/mrt-140.jpg