PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands for review.

Bigjim26
01-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Hand 1: AA hand with alot of callers.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

I considered the 9 a scare card. With 4 callers to the river and me first to act I was nervous someone had hung around with middle pair. Was I to passive on the river?
River: (13 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Hand 2: I'm in the BB. UTG preflop raiser is a TAG. I normally fold in this situation but there were 3 additional callers so I called w/ QTo in BB.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB

davelin
01-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Hand 2 - Fold this pre-flop. Rest is fine.

droolie
01-14-2005, 02:20 PM
Hand 1: Value bet the river. The board is so coordinated all the callers could be hanging around with busted draws etc. If you get c/r'ed oh well.

Hand 2: Fold pre-flop.

I don't like the flop c/r. It seems like a bet or possibly waiting until the turn to C/R situation. By C/Ring you're not going to be able to protect this hand and the turn could bring all kinds of awful cards for your hand. By check-raising the flop you lost some bets later in the hand too. I prefer betting and seeing what UTG does. If he raises he helps protect you hand. You can then call and C/R a blank on the turn.

crockett
01-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Hand #1
I bet this river, call a raise and fold if it is two back to me but your line is probably better.

Hand #2
I play it the same. I posted a very similar situation pre-flop just yesterday and the concensus was fold pre-flop, I'm still not convinced but one thing I've learned at 2+2 is that the majority in almost all cases is right.

jay1313
01-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Hand 1 - I bet the river, call one back, probably fold to two.

Hand 2 - I fold this pre-flop, but I am not adamant about it. I don't go for the check- raise on the flop either. You have a very ugly two-pair and need to play it fast, but it looks like it worked better for you then it ever does for me.

Bigjim26
01-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Hand 1:

SB has 8d As (two pair, nines and eights).
UTG+1 has Jh Js (two pair, jacks and nines).
MP3 has Kd Td (one pair, nines).
CO has 7d Jc (one pair, nines).
Hero has Ad Ah (two pair, aces and nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 13BB

I"ve noticed everyone has said to fold this preflop. I normally do but with that many callers to a raise I don't understand why I should fold. As for the C/R on the flop.. I should of bet out or waited until the turn. I realized it later on when I was reviewing my hand.
Hand 2:
Hero has Ts Qd (two pair, queens and tens).
UTG has As Ac (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 13 BB.

davelin
01-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Suited QT no question I would call. Unsuited you are just dominated or a serious underdog in order to make this call.

My initial post was wrong. You should bet out this flop so that a raise can protect your hand.

wcsherry
01-14-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River: (13 BB) 9 (5 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm betting this river.

Calling a PF raise out of position with a dominated hand like QTo isn't a good idea.

droolie
01-14-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I"ve noticed everyone has said to fold this preflop. I normally do but with that many callers to a raise I don't understand why I should fold.

[/ QUOTE ] The reason why you should fold is that most of the time you will be folding on the flop or paying off to a hand that dominates you. If it were suited you could play it for the str8 and flush possibilities alone. As it is you will only be able to bet with confidence if you flop a nut str8 draw or trips. As you can see in this example even flopping two pair is dubious with this off-suit holding. This is a marginal fold but certainly one you should consider as a good one.