PDA

View Full Version : Finally went over to Party, and boy am I glad!

OrianasDaad
01-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $1 (All-In), UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (23 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (32 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 34 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Js Th (two pair, jacks and tens).
UTG+1 has 2c 2d (three of a kind, twos).
Hero has Ah As (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 34 BB. </font>

Before anyone gets on me about the lack of a pre-flop cap, notice that UTG actually raises to $1 all-in, so UTG+1's 3-bet is the cap. I'll PM bisonbison with the history so he can fix it up when he has time.

Too bad nobody wanted to cap the turn with me. Glad I made the switch to Party.

Sasnak
01-14-2005, 02:03 PM
Can't blame the set of 2's for being in there. JT guy had to know he was falling behind, but then again I've taken many big pots down with 2 pair too. Glad the move is going well for you. Keep it up!

davehwm
01-14-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't blame the set of 2's for being in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the 3-bet preflop wasn't pretty.

Catt
01-14-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't blame the set of 2's for being in there. JT guy had to know he was falling behind, but then again I've taken many big pots down with 2 pair too. Glad the move is going well for you. Keep it up!

[/ QUOTE ]

I might not blame him for being there in the end, but I would certainly blame him for not slowing down after the PF-raiser is reraising every bet and 3-bet on the flop and after the initial turn bet.

If I thought he would react well, I'd add in chat something like "sorry - you played it well, but just ran into some dumb luck on my end"

TALLBrad
01-14-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I thought he would react well, I'd add in chat something like "sorry - you played it well, but just ran into some dumb luck on my end"

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I wouldn't say anything about somebody elses hand unless they showed the cards at the end, if they mucked at showdown I don't let them know that histories are available that show what they had. It's easy to find, but let them find it themselves...

Catt
01-14-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I wouldn't say anything about somebody elses hand unless they showed the cards at the end, if they mucked at showdown I don't let them know that histories are available that show what they had. It's easy to find, but let them find it themselves...

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree and would never make a statement that let someone know (1) that HH shows their mucked showdown, or (2) that i know that HH shows it and I had immediate access to it. And I genrally wouldn't say anything unless the player in question had already been a little chatty and was not likely to be pissed / felt condescended to by the statement.

Somehow, reading the hand history above, I can see the player either showing his cards, or chatting something akin to "ouch - had 22" I really like to chat with the good-natured fish when they've shown a propensity to chat (doubly so when they suck out or just flat beat me -- a "nh" or "well played" seems to do wonders for table atmosphere in the right circumstances).

OrianasDaad
01-14-2005, 04:49 PM
It wasn't a Pre-flop 3-bet with 22, it was a pre-flop CAP. Hand history is off, check the UTG all-in raise that is listed as a call.

The purpose of the post was not really for a hand analysis, but to point out that I really should have went to Party months ago. I had the bankroll two months ago to make the switch, but was more comfortable with the soft .25/.50 games at Prima.

Party is just as soft. I'm loving it.

Sasnak
01-14-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I might not blame him for being there in the end, but I would certainly blame him for not slowing down after the PF-raiser is reraising every bet and 3-bet on the flop and after the initial turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. First of all I'm not limping in with a 22 in EP. It would have to be a table where I feel comfortable in doing so if I did. And so far I have yet to find that table.

Secondly, I'm not 3 betting or capping preflop with 22 in any position.

On the flop I'd be jamming the best I can though and putting it to an AK/AQ/AJ.

I might even fire out and call a raise on the turn, but would definitely start thinking AA by the river.