PDA

View Full Version : PS $555 Turbos.

partygirluk
01-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Just wondering if anyone plays these and what ROI is possible.

UMTerp
01-14-2005, 01:53 PM
I've played in two, and gotten two 2nd places! Both were just "shots" after a particularly good day. I do watch quite a few of them, and it just the same people over and over and over with an occasional fish now and then. I can't imagine a longterm ROI higher than 0.20 is possible, and that may even be pushing it.

Regulars include Nytorget, bigslick789, Hassan, 26.2, Fanning, pens66, michael1123, and a handful of others I'm forgetting. I think Fanning is a little too aggressive early, but it seems to work for him. Then some excellent MTT players will be in them once in a while (sdouble, teccoy, thedonator, etc.) Though I'm not convinced that these guys adjust completely properly to SNGs.

I've seen shaniac playing in them on occasion also - maybe he can comment more in depth.

rachelwxm
01-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Seems these games are not playing frequently at all, same as 200 turbo games. At peak hours, I see only 1-2 turbo $200 running and 3-5 $100s.

The once and future king
01-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Hassan and fanning are not great players. They have great funds however.

Oluwafemi
01-16-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've played in two, and gotten two 2nd places! Both were just "shots" after a particularly good day. I do watch quite a few of them, and it just the same people over and over and over with an occasional fish now and then. I can't imagine a longterm ROI higher than 0.20 is possible, and that may even be pushing it.

Regulars include Nytorget, bigslick789, Hassan, 26.2, Fanning, pens66, michael1123, and a handful of others I'm forgetting. I think Fanning is a little too aggressive early, but it seems to work for him. Then some excellent MTT players will be in them once in a while (sdouble, teccoy, thedonator, etc.) Though I'm not convinced that these guys adjust completely properly to SNGs.

I've seen shaniac playing in them on occasion also - maybe he can comment more in depth.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think Fanning is Shawn Fanning of Napster. i did hear something about him coming into $100 million. i can vouch for teecoy's play in 1-Table SNGs; i've watched him play in quite a few of these. i've also seen him take some horrendous beats, too.