PDA

View Full Version : Playing multiple SnGs - do you stagger the start time?

kevstreet
01-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Do you start all of your SnGs at the same time, or do you wait until round 2 or 3 then start a second one, etc.? I've played 2 or 3 with the same starting time, which becomes a little cumbersome when all the tables are down to less than 3 or 4 players. I've made some mistakes that may have cost me. Please tell me if you have a system of starting times.

raptor517
01-14-2005, 12:33 PM
i only 4 table, but when im playing i dont have any trouble keeping up with everything even if i was heads up on every table. as soon as one sng finishes, i start up another, and i start up each one at the beginning of my session as soon as they show up. i think with a little bit of practice you will see that its not too cumbersome playing 4 at the same time even if u start at the same time.

El Maximo
01-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Start out with an amount you can play comfortably. Once you hit level 3-4 add another set. Play this way for awhile and see how it affect your ROI%. If you feel your are still playing well you can look to increase the number of tables in each set. Im maxing out at 4 with 2-2 stagger. I think when you are learning quality of play is better than quantity. Once you feel you are playing solid time and time again than I think quantity outweighs a slight drop in quality.

Zelcious
01-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Always start my 4 sng at the same time. I remember when I thought 2 tables at once was nearly impossible. Now I read a book while I play. Éspecially at level 1-3, there is a lot of dead time. Sometimes when all your tables are live in the late stages it can get tough. But nothing impossible. Sometimes you make misstakes that you maybe wouldn't do if you single table but that is just a price you pay for multi-tabling.

Cleveland Guy
01-14-2005, 12:52 PM
If this is a problem - don't multi table them. You can't control the speed of them, and no matter how hard you try, you can get 2 to be at the final 3 at the same time, even if you stagger them by like 15-20 minutes.

If you are uncomfortable with that many SnGs when it gets short handed, play like 2 SnGs and the rest ring games, you can always sit out of a ring game when your SnGs get too short.

stillnotking
01-14-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you start all of your SnGs at the same time, or do you wait until round 2 or 3 then start a second one, etc.? I've played 2 or 3 with the same starting time, which becomes a little cumbersome when all the tables are down to less than 3 or 4 players. I've made some mistakes that may have cost me. Please tell me if you have a system of starting times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do stagger the start times. I start 2 immediately and then wait about 10 minutes to start the next 2. As soon as one ends I start another. It is impossible to prevent "bubble overlap", though, so you will have to learn to deal with it. One thing to keep in mind is that you do have 30 seconds on each hand plus a time bank. Don't stress out about acting on each hand as quickly as possible. Take the time to make correct decisions. Pay special attention to the amount of the bet -- the only mis-mouseclick I have ever made was when I thought I was completing from the SB and wound up accidentally calling off my whole stack with T8s. Now I'm more careful!

kevstreet
01-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Great comments and suggestions, thanks fellas greatly appreciated.

Stillnotking, I was chip leader on one table with a monster hand and facing a raise, on one of the other tables I was on the bubble, short stacked w/ Kx in Cut Off position, so much more interested with my other table I pushed with my K and got knocked out. When I came back to that table, I noticed two others were on the short stack as well (bad play) this is exactly the situation where I should have used all of my time bank and made the proper decision instead of rushing to make a fast play.

Thanks again everyone.

sofere
01-14-2005, 01:40 PM
The one problem I have when 4 tabling is that on occasion (pretty rarely, but can be costly), I'll try to click fold on one table, then the other pops up at the same exact time as I'm clicking, and whoops the mouse happens to now be over the call button on the wrong table and I just called an all-in with 23o.

This has only happened maybe 2 or 3 times in my "career" (~200 games) and it was usually for a few hundred not all-in, but its just one of those things, ya know

UMTerp
01-14-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The one problem I have when 4 tabling is that on occasion (pretty rarely, but can be costly), I'll try to click fold on one table, then the other pops up at the same exact time as I'm clicking, and whoops the mouse happens to now be over the call button on the wrong table and I just called an all-in with 23o.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to move the windows around on your montior so they're not 100% overlapping. It's possible no matter how bad a monitor you have. You may have to adjust the resolution on your monitor though. Heck, I can 8-table on my 1400x1050 laptop without having the buttons overlap.

Vetstadium
01-14-2005, 02:10 PM
I agree that once you 4 table it is just like playing one don't have to stagger starts. I am looking to 8 table just have to upgrade my computer. You do sometimes misclick (I folded quad nines once) but I also misclicked once with a 5-10off and beat pocket nines for ton of chips. I think the times you misclick is VERY small to the number of tourns you play.