PDA

View Full Version : What hand(s) do you find yourself overplaying the most?

Kips Bay Kid
01-14-2005, 11:23 AM
For me I think it is AK (suited or otherwise) do you find yourself calling bets on the flop / turn when you miss? do you semi-bluff this hand too much thus causing you more losses? Is it an automatic PFR in an unraised hand? I do not think I get burned as easily with AT-AQ since I realize they are trouble hands, just have a hard time getting away from AK.

amoeba
01-14-2005, 11:44 AM
calling bets on the flop when you miss with AK is one of the worst things you can do.

you are drawing to 6 outs to a 1 pair hand. Its much worse than drawing to a flush or straight when you don't have odds.

betting out on the flop when you miss with AK is something else entirely.

sourbeaver
01-14-2005, 12:39 PM
I have a lot of trouble with AK when I hit, because I can't seem to release my TPTK or top two on short stacks, and I end up getting burned a lot by that.

ericlambi
01-14-2005, 04:22 PM
2 pair. I lost $250 in two pots the last two days when I hit 2 pair on an unraised pot in the BB. Would have folded both times to any raise pre-flop. The board was a bunch of crap both times and I thought for sure I had the best hand. Once was a set and once was 53o for a straight (from MP). LOL. I've learned my lesson -- two pair isn't that great if you are getting a lot of action.

Sand
01-14-2005, 06:01 PM
In general AKs is a big loser for me (funny enough AKo is a winner). I know I take it too far, but its hard to let go.

After that it is 77. Low pairs are easy to play, as are high pairs. Middle pairs, particularly 88 and 77, give me fits. 77 is by far the bigger loser though. I still struggle to play that one correctly.

SlyAK
01-14-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After that it is 77. Low pairs are easy to play, as are high pairs. Middle pairs, particularly 88 and 77, give me fits. 77 is by far the bigger loser though. I still struggle to play that one correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy to play post-flop. No set, no bet would be a good rule here. Just pretend that 77, 88, and 99 are 22 and take it from there.

Sly

Sephus
01-15-2005, 12:42 AM
so uh, make 88 and 77 low pairs. problem solved.