PDA

View Full Version : Do I cold-call here?

cjx
01-14-2005, 11:09 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

MP2 posts a blind of $5. CO posts a blind of $5.

UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) folds, Hero folds, CO (poster) calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

So, I have over 100 hands on the raiser and he sees 10% flops with 6% raises, but there are two posters (one who folded before me) and I've got position. Is this just super standard? Someone smack me around.

cjx

adamstewart
01-14-2005, 11:12 AM
FOLD is standard.

Furthermore, this guy only has 6% PFR, so he's either got a big pair, or likely has you dominated. (You don't want to be getting into a HU pot dominated).

Adam

Twitch1977
01-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Looks like an easy fold to me, if he's playing that few hands he obviously has good hand selection and the chance of being dominated is very real. If not a decent pair he's got at a minimum a suited ace.

There are much better hands then this to spend your money on.

imo.
T

DeeJ
01-14-2005, 11:15 AM
With 2 posters I'm tempted to call or raise. You are likely dominated, though, so this is slim +EV at best.

If you raise you can kiss bye bye to the other poster and probably everyone else; you can see the flop and take it from there.

I don't think a call or fold is too bad either if the table is tightish and you have small/some chance of a 4 or 5 handed pot.

Good question.

EDIT: how's that. Raise, call or fold is my advice /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rudbaeck
01-14-2005, 03:21 PM
If the regular line is to cold-call KQs and fold KJs then it can't be very wrong to cold-call with KJs when there are two posters.

You really, really want the people behind you to be loose though. I think this is more of a deciding factor than the tightness of the original raiser.