PDA

View Full Version : flopped boat

bosoxfan
01-14-2005, 11:01 AM
The table was pretty passive and i'm not sure i took the best line here. Should I have called the flop bet and tried to check raise the turn. After the hand I felt I left bets on the table. any comments?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, CO folds.

River: (7.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Bez
01-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Just bet out on the flop. If he raises then go for a turn check/raise. If he calls just keep betting.

jrz1972
01-14-2005, 11:03 AM
This would have been a good one to slowplay in the hopes of a big overcard hitting on the turn. If there had been two to a flush out there, or if the board had contained big cards, I probably would have played it the same as you since several people would be able to find an excuse to come along, but hardly anybody will have connected with this particular flop.

Edit: I missed the flop check-raise. Don't do this. If you want to get action on the flop, just bet out. A check-raise on a board like this is going to scare the bejeezus out of everybody, which isnt what you want. Either lead off the flop or check-raise the turn.

aron
01-14-2005, 11:06 AM
If UTG+2 is agressive I'd just call his flop bet, and check-raise him on the turn.
It's not like he is gonna make a hand that beats yours.

-aron