PDA

View Full Version : How do you take down a bast***?

boondockst
01-14-2005, 09:11 AM
I was multitabling UB 0.10BB and was up to $30 (max buy-in $10, started from 5 though) and this guy is apparently a washed up pro from the 80s....he was being real cocky in general...saying stuff like "who're the best 3 players at this table"...(him and another guy also had 30-ish stacks and the fish were flopping all over the place with rebuys...he was playing well though and how is the best place to trap these guys...example...i flopped a A-high straight on a rainbow flop...unfortunately he wasn't in...but against a good, yet cocky player...do you play them straight up or try to feign weakness? come out strong from the getgo and hope he smells blood?

excession
01-14-2005, 09:49 AM
Well if he is really thinks of himself as an old pro I would start giving out lots of free advice to the fishies - 'tapping on the glass' puts this sort of tilt faster than anything else I know /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Otherwise just avoid him - it's not like there aren't enough fish to go arund in a 10c game - if you are going to move away from just ABC play of the cards do it against the bad players not the good ones.

pho75
01-14-2005, 10:55 AM
A red snapper fillet is much better that a shark steak. Eat the fish not the sharks.

boondockst
01-14-2005, 10:59 AM
SO you leave even if the table's great? The fish are trying to take him out...I'm at 3xBuy-in...don't you guys love having (well only most i guess) the table covered?

Leo Bello
01-14-2005, 11:03 AM
No, concentrate on the fish and avoid big confrontations with the sharks. Win your money from whomever is playing badly at the table.

pho75
01-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Indubitably!

TrailofTears
01-14-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this guy is apparently a washed up pro from the 80s

[/ QUOTE ]

Best online read I have ever seen! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

- ToT

theredpill
01-14-2005, 08:09 PM
I think having the table covered is overrated. It is just more cash for you to lose if you make an improper read . I leave when I have made enough cash. Hard to answer the question about whether to act weak or act strong. It depends on what he has and what he is thinking. For example, if you hit a straight with a king and an Ace on the flop or some other face cards. I would bet the pot. THey will think you have top pair as well. Bet it strong to the river and if he makes two pair....take him all the way down. I played a flopped straight like that tonight and and made a decent profit. Fortunate for me, the guy missed his flush on the river.