PDA

View Full Version : Daniel N's thoughts on Tilt

The13atman
01-14-2005, 04:40 AM
This is what Daniel N posted on his message board in response to someone who attacked his being on the show (hope he doesn't mind me posting it here):

Please give me a chance to explain before assuming that I condoned what went on in to show or thought it was "good for poker"

- they asked me to so a cameo on a hot new poker drama on ESPN...

-they tell me to walk away from the table and say I can find better spots...

I didn't read the script, and I didn't know they were going to paint poker players as gun slingin' cheats from the wild, wild west. I agree with all of your sentiments and actually voiced them to the producers while I was on set. I let them know repeatedly that poker just isn't like that anymore...

I'm going to give the show a few more chances before making a final decision, but the first episode certainly didn't come across as a postivie addition to the poker world.

I notice that you posted this at RGP, but if it's ok with you I'd rather leave my comments here as I'd rather not get into it with the vultures over there!

Tyler Durden
01-14-2005, 05:13 AM
Seems like he should have read the script before getting involved w/ the show.

J_V
01-14-2005, 05:18 AM
Eh, I can't really blame him. Bad for poker or not, they are still paying.

gummy d
01-14-2005, 05:53 AM
The message conveyed to any one serious about poker is this: Don't play, the game is rigged; if you must play, then cheat. I read several other threads about the show which concentrated on all the horrible hands played, however what people will take from the show is cheat. If your not gonna cheat, then at least take a gun like the one honest guy (the sucker).
Given, the team forms to take down the maverick, but does that give them the right to cheat others to build their bankroll (tournament in the back room).
D.N. commented that poker just isn't like this anymore implying that it once was. If it used to be then where and when. I have some ideas but i won't slander anyone or any establishment. I do remember somebody posting on here about a year ago leveling accusations at old time pros and their games.
Last of all, if people go to all this trouble to signal one another in a home game, it seems sensible that it would be much easier to play online and share card information on your cell phone with the rest of your team.
very scary me thinks /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Grivan
01-14-2005, 04:07 PM
You are right it is easy for people to share hand information online. The thing is most people just don't understand enough about poker for this information to help them much.

Sponger15SB
01-14-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I can't really blame him. Bad for poker or not, they are still paying.

[/ QUOTE ]

They would have had to pay me a hell of a lot of money to come on a show that makes my profession look stupid.

My guess is that Daniel didn't need the money.